Scenarios?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ace Fortune

Ace Fortune

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:27 AM

Hello, I have been a lurker on the FFG boards for a while now and want to thank everyone for the friendly discussions I see one these boards caompared to many many others on the web.  My question has to do with the scenarions, the description of the product say this  "X-Wing features a number of unique missions, and each has its own set of victory conditions; with such a broad selection of missions, only clever and versatile pilots employing a range of tactics will emerge victorious" Im curious as to how many unique missions we will see for three total ships if that is indeed what is going to be included in the base box.  I have always liked FFG games and we play them all the time so I do have faith but Im a little concerned about the amount of playability out of one box.  This could all be moot though because Ill probably buy a couple of boxes and FFG hasnt let me down yet, thanks for any insight.

Ace Fortune

#2 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:15 PM

On that topic, I wonder if they'll include at least a couple scenarios for those gaming buddies that EACH got a set, and so have double the number of ships.

#3 Ace Fortune

Ace Fortune

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:23 PM

I think that is a great idea.

#4 Squid89

Squid89

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:43 AM

If there are alternate pilot cards that come in the starter, there isn't any reason not to use those as ship markers, right?  It won't look as pretty, but rather than setting them aside in the box, why not lay them on the board?  Would work fine for scenarios, but the more hard core would still buy enough ships (or combine sets for enough with friends) to have them all with the actual figures.

Hopefully, the scenarios won't be like some of the Ultimate Missions that WotC put out in the books with so many of certain characters it was virtually impossible to play out without proxies.

#5 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:17 AM

Oh God!! Ultimate Missions. You basically paid thirty bucks for a new map.

#6 Crunchysam42

Crunchysam42

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

I keep thinking i would have put a new scenario in with each expansion. A Death Star trench run with the TIE Advanced. A speed dogfight mission for A-wing and Interceptor. Escape from cloud City with the Falcon. So on and so forth. Just a single sheet in each expansion to put it out there. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS