• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Azathoth the Elder

Azathoth the Elder

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:22 AM

Hi -

New to the game and enjoying it quite a bit, but having some difficulty with buying the Asylum Packs. My LGS has quite a few of them, but some contain 40 cards, some 60. Is the difference in the card titles that are included, or more copies of the same card? And if I buy the 40-card packs, will I be buying the same cards that I would get in the (presumably newer) 60-card packs?

#2 TheProfessor

TheProfessor

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:09 AM

At first, the cards were released in 40 card packs, a total of 20 different cards, where some cards had 3 copies and others only 1 copy.

Then, they changed the format to 60 cards, where there are 3 of each of the 20 different cards.

So nothing changed in terms of the cards, just the numbers.  Clearly it is better to buy the 60 card packs because then you have a play set of everything.  I used to buy 3 packs of the 40 card sets ($30), now I just buy 1 of the 60 card set ($15).  Half price!

#3 Azathoth the Elder

Azathoth the Elder

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

A belated thank you for the information - appreciated!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS