Rule Queries

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Solan

Solan

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:14 PM

1. A Kingsport location card at the Church tells you to draw a Mythos card, move to that location, and draw four location encounter cards, picking the one of your choice.  It says nothing about what happens if there is an open gate in that location, or an open gate and monsters.  Does the character immediately pass through the gate, or pass through the gate after facing whatever monsters are there, or something else? 

2. Several location encounters allow you to move to any street or location in Akham, then have an encounter there. If there are clue tokens in that location, does the character get them or not?  The rulebook says that you only get clue tokens at the end of your movement, whereas this movement happens during the Arkham Encounter phase.

3. For the Black Goat of the Woods, is the Corruption deck supposed to be sixteen cards, as it says in the rulebook, or thirty-two cards, as there naturally are in the deck?

#2 thorgrim

thorgrim

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:04 PM

Solan said:

1. A Kingsport location card at the Church tells you to draw a Mythos card, move to that location, and draw four location encounter cards, picking the one of your choice.  It says nothing about what happens if there is an open gate in that location, or an open gate and monsters.  Does the character immediately pass through the gate, or pass through the gate after facing whatever monsters are there, or something else? 

2. Several location encounters allow you to move to any street or location in Akham, then have an encounter there. If there are clue tokens in that location, does the character get them or not?  The rulebook says that you only get clue tokens at the end of your movement, whereas this movement happens during the Arkham Encounter phase.

3. For the Black Goat of the Woods, is the Corruption deck supposed to be sixteen cards, as it says in the rulebook, or thirty-two cards, as there naturally are in the deck?

1. You would be sucked through the gate I believe.

2. We argued this in another thread recently. My point of view is against picking up clues during the encounter phase when this happens.

3. The rulebook is wrong (and I believe this has been unofficially officially errata'd). You play with the full 32.

#3 ColtsFan76

ColtsFan76

Rules Guru

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:16 PM

Yep, I agree with Thorgrim on all 3 points.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS