Photo

Why reprint cards from the original box?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 9-Jack-9

9-Jack-9

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:03 AM

You know, my bulb may be a little dim, but I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the reprinted cards from the regular set that comes with Season of the Witch. I get that the print-on-demand cards have a slightly different appearance on the back ... but if that's an issue, why not simply put a "You have found nothing of interest" card from the regular game on top of each pile of cards in a room that would normally have a card from the new set?

#2 geristor

geristor

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:41 PM

the reason for the reprint is card quality, i play games with a veriety of people some who do cheat at times or take any and all advantages they can get, (yes i do call them out when i see cheating, in game of arkham 1 guy got 4 allies in a row from encounter cards, got 0 for rest of game after i shuffled for him). the print on demand cards they are saying will have slight diffrences with the original cards so unscupulous players can take advantage of that (oh look thats an old card most prob just a nothing of intrest so we wont wast time exploring that room etc). reprinting all the cards for that scenario cuts this out.

#3 causeitwasfunny

causeitwasfunny

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:44 PM

Also, on a simpler level, you don't have to search your deck from the box when gathering cards to seed throughout the board.   You already have all of the cards you need (minus a few of the Keeper Action cards and attack cards).  The first Season of the Witch game we played was set up much quicker than previous games.

#4 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

Having played my copy of Season, I can say with certainty that there are differences between the card and print quality, so it would be easy to take advantage of this fact.

#5 causeitwasfunny

causeitwasfunny

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:06 AM

Just got my copy of The Silver Tablet.  Definite differences in texture and clarity.  The cards still look great and work just fine; just a bit slick is all.  Can't wait to get this played.

#6 armakis

armakis

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:08 AM

And price is higher without any development ^^

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS