Question of Ravens (Urgent)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ktei2008

ktei2008

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:25 AM

Scenario: I played white raven first and then it was winter immediately without doubt. After a while, one of my opponents played black raven and he said it should be summer for everyone now. Question: isn't it i should be winter and he should be summer because i still had the black raven attached on my house card.

If my opponent was correct, then what if another opponent played white raven again, so we should be all in winter again?

Thank you for your kind help guys!

#2 schrecklich

schrecklich

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:39 AM

Reread the White Raven and the Black Raven.  When you play them, you discard all other Raven attachments from play.  This includes any other White Raven or Black Raven.  There should only be one of White Raven and Black Raven in play at a time.

#3 the1andonlime

the1andonlime

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:30 AM

ktei2008 said:

Scenario: I played white raven first and then it was winter immediately without doubt. After a while, one of my opponents played black raven and he said it should be summer for everyone now. Question: isn't it i should be winter and he should be summer because i still had the black raven attached on my house card.

If my opponent was correct, then what if another opponent played white raven again, so we should be all in winter again?

Thank you for your kind help guys!

This is one of the reasons why I advocate providing the card text. Sometimes certain obvious things are overlooked when we read the cards, and posting the text helps us re-read the card properly. Quite often, that might be exactly what we need to answer our own questions.

#4 ktei2008

ktei2008

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:15 PM

Hahaha, sorry guys, asked a stupid question. I thought I read the text as: when you play a raven card, discard the other raven cards attached to your house card (only).

#5 Mylo

Mylo

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:48 PM

Similar season-based question:

I marshal crown of winter onto a character; a round later an opponent marshals crown of mereen onto a character (there are no raven cards in any participating decks)

Is it now summer or winter or somehow both simultaneously? I'm inclined to say summer but the rules as they stand imply that it's both...

#6 the1andonlime

the1andonlime

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:55 PM

ktei2008 said:

Hahaha, sorry guys, asked a stupid question. I thought I read the text as: when you play a raven card, discard the other raven cards attached to your house card (only).

No worries. It's most certainly not a stupid question, just an honest mistake. :)

#7 the1andonlime

the1andonlime

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

Mylo said:

Similar season-based question:

I marshal crown of winter onto a character; a round later an opponent marshals crown of mereen onto a character (there are no raven cards in any participating decks)

Is it now summer or winter or somehow both simultaneously? I'm inclined to say summer but the rules as they stand imply that it's both...

It's both simultaneously. I know this goes around real world understanding of the seasons, but in the game, both seasons can be active at the same time.

#8 nikotina

nikotina

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:48 PM

As far as I know the real world understanding of the seasons says that winter and summer have ALWAYS been simultaneous. Remember the south hemisphere? :P

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS