• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KingLz

KingLz

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:08 AM

Hi,

we played our first game of Runewars yesterday and had some issues about Sir Valadir's special ability.

The following points were not clear enough, so I would like to know what you think about them.

I. May Sir Valadir heal or move if he recieves training by completing quests ?

II. May you heal Sir Valadir by training him even if he is trained max (all +2) ?

III. And just to make some rules clear, does Quest Phase include anything that might happen when resolving a quest ?

IV. If you play with Exploration tokes, they are not flipped when using the Strategize Order, right ? (Flipped them all the time heros moved yesterday  ^_^ )

Thanks for your opinions.

#2 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:47 AM

KingLz said:

I. May Sir Valadir heal or move if he recieves training by completing quests ?

No, only by the "train" action.

KingLz said:

II. May you heal Sir Valadir by training him even if he is trained max (all +2) ?

If he's maxed out, I don't know why you'd do the training action; you'd be better off just healing him all the way with a heal action :)  

KingLz said:

III. And just to make some rules clear, does Quest Phase include anything that might happen when resolving a quest ?

The Quest Phase is the time when Heroes do their quest actions; this includes the Healing or Training actions, but also includes any movement and resolving of a quest.

KingLz said:

IV. If you play with Exploration tokes, they are not flipped when using the Strategize Order, right ? (Flipped them all the time heros moved yesterday  ^_^ )

Correct, you do NOT flip the during the Strategize Order; you only flip them if a Hero moves into the space during the Quest Phase.  (If a hero is in an area with an unflipped token, you do NOT flip it if the hero heals/trains in the area, either, but you would if he does a QUEST in the area.  EXCEPTION: If Sir Valadir moves after training, he DOES flip an Exploration Token)

#3 KingLz

KingLz

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:11 AM

Any reference to this ?

I mean the card states: "When this hero trains during the Quest Phase,....."

When he trains from completing a quest it is in the Quest Phase and he trains.....

Also you could seprate the train your hero and train any attribute cases.

If the quest just states train it should apply, I dont see why it shouldn't.

If you train an attribute you could consider it as half a training and don't accept this case.

The wording includes any case in my opinion.....

If he's maxed out, I don't know why you'd do the training action; you'd be better off just healing him all the way with a heal action :)

You may only heal in friendly areas, but you may train anywhere, so the question is relevant.

#4 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:11 AM

KingLz said:

Any reference to this ?

I mean the card states: "When this hero trains during the Quest Phase,....."

When he trains from completing a quest it is in the Quest Phase and he trains.....

Also you could seprate the train your hero and train any attribute cases.

If the quest just states train it should apply, I dont see why it shouldn't.

If you train an attribute you could consider it as half a training and don't accept this case.

The wording includes any case in my opinion.....

The fact his ability says "he may not Quest or Duel" I think strongly implies that the ability applies only to the Training Action; if you train as the result of a Quest, to move/heal here would be in violation of the "he may not Quest" clause, in my reading.

However, you've given me cause enough to pose the question to Corey for official clarification :)

KingLz said:

You may only heal in friendly areas, but you may train anywhere, so the question is relevant.

Fair enough; in that case, I would argue that if you don't actually train any attributes and increased them, you haven't trained and the ability does not apply.

#5 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:56 AM

For what it's worth, regarding the first bit; I just got a response from Corey that confirmed that Sir Valadir's ability only works when using the Train action during the Quest Phase; it does not apply to situations where he trains an attribute from a Quest or Exploration Token.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS