Photo

is there a release date yet for either game?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 jeditimothy

jeditimothy

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:29 AM

I am a huge star wars fan and can't wait for either systym or even the rpg systym. I was just wondering are they just doing star ships or are they going to do characters as well. all so I hope they do capital ships as well in the game.

#2 Darksbane

Darksbane

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:16 AM

I think they only timeframe they've given is next year, first or 2nd quarter.

Cardgamedb.com - The source for Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Android: Netrunner, Lord of the Rings, Call of Cthulhu, and Warhammer: Invasion deckbuilders and spoilers. Now with 100% more FFG!

#3 jeditimothy

jeditimothy

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:26 PM

now is the new star wars lcg going to be like dominion or like magic?

#4 Phantom287

Phantom287

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:31 PM

jeditimothy said:

I'd say it plays like a hybrid of all of FFG's current LCGs (LoTR in particular) from what I played at GenCon. No idea if they'll change anything, game play or rule wise, before release.

If you haven't tried FFG's other LCGs than you might not get how it's played. It's different from magic and dominion.

Also, yes, they are doing characters in the LCG and they have their own roles to fill.

#5 Darksbane

Darksbane

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

jeditimothy said:

It plays nothing like Dominion or Magic, the distribution is different than both of them too.

Cardgamedb.com - The source for Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Android: Netrunner, Lord of the Rings, Call of Cthulhu, and Warhammer: Invasion deckbuilders and spoilers. Now with 100% more FFG!

#6 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:03 PM

Darksbane said:

jeditimothy said:

It plays nothing like Dominion or Magic, the distribution is different than both of them too.

It's definitely closer to Magic than to Dominion. It's very similar to the existing LCGs. From what is known right now, it appears to be a cross between WH:I and LotR.

#7 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:35 AM

jhaelen said:

Darksbane said:

jeditimothy said:

It's definitely closer to Magic than to Dominion. It's very similar to the existing LCGs. From what is known right now, it appears to be a cross between WH:I and LotR.

There's a bit of AGoT here also, in that you're trying to score points, and your "Base" card has a sequence of play printed on it.

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#8 Darksbane

Darksbane

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:11 AM

Cthulhu also, you can put a card facedown under your base to provide 1 resource per card when you exhaust your base.

#9 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

Ah, all right, so it's really an all-star, best-of of LCG kind of game. What could possibly go wrong?

#10 TheImp

TheImp

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:21 AM

Sounds great! Looking forward to it.

#11 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:23 AM

Darksbane said:

Cthulhu also, you can put a card facedown under your base to provide 1 resource per card when you exhaust your base.

I also thought it was funny that three zones where red, green, and blue.

Darth Vader enters the Power Challenge zone.

#12 SeerMagic

SeerMagic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:49 PM

it also seems to play similar as the WOTC Star Wars game. (which unlike alot of people, I enjoyed). Basicly it seems to me, it's a mix of all their LCGs and the WOTC game.

#13 jeditimothy

jeditimothy

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:52 PM

so do you think there will be expansions in this?

#14 Boggs

Boggs

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:56 AM

Seems like it will play more like the LotR LCG than GoT, which is competitive rather than cooperative.

I about fell out of my chair when I saw this! It's going to be a looooong stressful anticipation for the release.

#15 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:30 AM

When you say expansions jeditimothy what do you mean? There will be the adventure packs that will come out one a month adding new cards and new missions with each one. And as the game grows there will probably be new concepts put in that weren't there from the beginning.

#16 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

SeerMagic said:

it also seems to play similar as the WOTC Star Wars game. (which unlike alot of people, I enjoyed). Basicly it seems to me, it's a mix of all their LCGs and the WOTC game.

I too enjoyed that game, but even so, I think it's an improvement in that the Character and Ground arenas are essentially combined. I never liked that character duels worked more or less independently of ground battles, with the exception of Pilots.

If they ever want to publish a scenario based on the Battle of Endor and want to keep the action in the Emperor's throne room separate from the battle on the forest moon's surface, such a ruling can appear on the scenario card or something. But I feel something more abstract might be preferable.

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#17 rfh0

rfh0

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:58 PM

Please post the release date as soon as it is available!!! I can't wait to buy it!!!

#18 Red Nickolai

Red Nickolai

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:02 PM

I can't wait for this.  I'm pumped that there will be a one player mechanic like LOTR.

#19 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:49 PM

So I went to my local game shop today (Game Daze) to talk them about FFG products and what they thought of them since I have no experience with this company. The man there said he loved FFG products and thought they were very well done and were affordable, when you consider what you get. His one gripe was that the products always seem delayed. He said it felt like they'd get an announcement from FFG that a certain product was being released, but his shop wouldn't be able to get it until a year after the release date. If this kind of release date push-back occurs with these Star Wars products, it may not even be till next summer or fall that we actually see the finished product. I only heard this opinion from one guy, so take it with a grain of salt. Let's hope they can work out the kinks of this game on schedule. If not, well, I prefer a finished product to a ???????? [cuutohampa na] early release item that has to be revised within a year.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#20 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:50 PM

Budgernaut said:

If not, well, I prefer a finished product to a ???????? [cuutohampa na] early release item that has to be revised within a year.

Note to self: FFG forums do not support Japanese scripting.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS