Playing Long Distance

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Svenn

Svenn

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

Has anyone tried playing with someone long distance before? A friend and I live 1-2 hours from each other and can't play as often as we like. We're considering trying to use a video chat via Skype to play Warhammer: Invasion and Lord of the Rings long distance.

Basically, we each have a laptop with a camera that we can set up across from us where the other player would sit. We would aim the camera at ourselves/our cards. Then we connect to a video chat on Skype. It would be almost like sitting across from someone, enough that I think you could play that way.

There are a few disadvantages to this, of course. You can't just lean over and look at another player's card. One thing I had considered for this was to have each player put their deck on Deckbox (or something similar) that way we could simply ask what a card was and bring up the description quickly in a browser.

Thoughts? We're probably going to try this as soon as we get a chance. I'll post up how it goes for us after we do.

#2 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:56 PM

I've done this for Arkham Horror but not a card game yet. I don't see why it wouldn't work though. Decide which of you has the 'master' encounters deck and that person draws all the encounter cards and tells the other player/s which cards have been drawn and the other players can then find their own copies of the cards that come up. 

#3 Svenn

Svenn

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:58 PM

I just played a game of Warhammer: Invasion tonight over video skype with a friend. It worked surprisingly well! We read out loud the effects of any cards we were playing, and we had to occasionally ask about cards in play because it was tough to tell exactly what each card down was, but it wasn't that hard at all. I'm pretty excited, that means the possibility for more game playing!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS