Lancer constant damage

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Knightdrake

Knightdrake

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:05 AM

Does the lancer constant still do damage if an omen isn't rolled?

#2 Imperialish

Imperialish

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:55 PM

No.

High fire rate is only active, when You have roll an omen.

#3 raabjerg

raabjerg

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:15 AM

i don't belive so since the lancer constant states that istead of making an attack you may roll 4 dice (marcus fenix rolls 5) against an enemy in your area and if you roll an omen that enemy simply dies. So to sum it up you need an omen for the ability to work at all

#4 PMAvers

PMAvers

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:49 AM

raabjerg said:

i don't belive so since the lancer constant states that istead of making an attack you may roll 4 dice (marcus fenix rolls 5) against an enemy in your area and if you roll an omen that enemy simply dies. So to sum it up you need an omen for the ability to work at all

Can we stop calling it the "constant"? The alternate ability on the Lancer is the bloody chainsaw. I know that while a auto-kill sure sounds nice, every time I've used the chainsaw I always fail to roll omens.

Also remember that some enemies are immune to it (Boomers, for instance), so it's not going to go off and kill high health stuff.

Something I havn't checked into is if you can still use the chainsaw if the Lancer itself is out of ammo, since normally you can't make attacks with a weapon if it doesn't have a ammo token on it.

#5 raabjerg

raabjerg

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:59 AM

i'm not sure if you can use the secondary ability without ammo, it doesn't say that it can't so my guess is that you can. I haven't played the videogame so can't put it that angle.

#6 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:07 AM

PMAvers said:

Something I havn't checked into is if you can still use the chainsaw if the Lancer itself is out of ammo, since normally you can't make attacks with a weapon if it doesn't have a ammo token on it.

Brief look at the rules, I only found mention that you can't use normal or overkill attacks when you don't have any ammo, which to me suggests constant abilities are available whether you have ammo or not.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#7 loken14

loken14

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:24 AM

thinkin realisticly the chain saw is a bayonet i cant logically think of a reason why u cant use a bayonet (made to protect a person as they reloaded in old times) just because ur out of ammo of course this doesnt mean thats how the game works as im still waitin on my copy

#8 ejacobs

ejacobs

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:08 AM

Looking at the Lancer, I took "constant" to mean the chainsaw, as it is "constantly" available, even when the Lancer runs out of ammo.

E

#9 willmanx

willmanx

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:09 PM

ejacobs said:

Looking at the Lancer, I took "constant" to mean the chainsaw, as it is "constantly" available, even when the Lancer runs out of ammo.

E

yep you've got a special note about the chainsaw in the rulebook.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS