I always found Khorne way less intersesting to play comparing to other gods : you only have to smash everything and never think of corruption and domination like the others, you don't care about victory points. It's a bit like if you are playing to another game, sometimes having more to rely on dice luck than tactics. So I thought about an alternative Threat Dial advancement rule for Khorne that would be more like the other gods, but which will keep his subtle philosophy of violence.
I had this idea : Khorne collects one dial advancement counter each time he place one corruption token in a region where blood has flown in the battle phase. (at least one figure has been killed by anybody)
Some reflections :
- With his 4 cultists, Khorne can collect 4 advancement counters (like Tzeentch and his 8 cultists).
- The number of regions where Khorne can fulfill his condition depends on the battles : Khorne will still be interested in smashing, but he can also send cultists where other gods fight themselves (violence always serve Khorne).
- Other gods (Slaanesh first) can still drive Khorne mad by avoiding combat.
- Cultist advancement card is still very interesting because it make them able to make a region bloody without the help of warriors.
- To avoid his cultists being killed, Khorne early hits become very useful.
- As Khorne will place more corruption tokens, he will score more points and be less ignoring victory by this way.
What do you think ?