Warlock Chieftan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MajMalfunction

MajMalfunction

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:16 AM

I think I know this answer but I want to be sure.

Can the ability of the Warlock Chieftan return a card that is slated for destruction by attrition die back to the top of your deck?  I think that it can not since the ability says at the end of combat and attrition is resolved prior to the end of combat.  But, I see this being a common question and would like clarification/consensus.

#2 tijuanadagger

tijuanadagger

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:07 PM

No. Attrition happens before End of Combat actions. On a side note because this will come up as well do to the Warlock's wording, he can only return himself or another unit back to the top, not both.

#3 MajMalfunction

MajMalfunction

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:32 PM

Thanks, that is what I thought.  I needed to clarify since I cheated when I did my first solitaire then after thinking about it more closely realized that it was likely already destroyed.  Its ok, I will keep wounding my nasty little berserkers and if the attrition misses, return them.  If not, they are cheap.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS