Dust Storage, how to store a massive amount in just the core set Box

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:34 AM

This is my core set storage system, it can hold up to 9 tanks and 98 units.

It uses 3/16th inch extruded foam insulation.
all of the foam runners are about 11 inches wide
with the infantry runners being 1 3/4 inches tall with slits cut every 1 1/2 inch(measured from the center of each slit)
and the tank runners being 3 1/2 inches tall with slits cut  about every 3 3/4 (I didn't do a very precise job on the tank section sorry)

#2 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:40 AM

Nice work, its a waste if people don't use their boxes as stowage and they are a nice strong box.  Although I haven't gone to the lengths you have I just compartment them with smaller boxes and 3 layers of foam trays for the infantry.

#3 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:59 AM

Thanks Mishap, also just so its clear for everyone their are 2 infantry trays separated by a terrain tile.

#4 D.Azriel

D.Azriel

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:07 AM

Out of curiosity, is that a Loth walker in the pic? If so, where did you get both left and right Kampfzange?

#5 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:16 AM

D.Azriel said:

Out of curiosity, is that a Loth walker in the pic? If so, where did you get both left and right Kampfzange?

Just flip a claw from an extra set. It's much easier to snap the parts out than you would imagine.

#6 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:18 AM

D.Azriel said:

You just swap the bits around with the other 50mm arm.  They come apart quite easily with a twist of a knife.  You do need to dissassemble the shields to do it right.

#7 D.Azriel

D.Azriel

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:30 AM

Thanks for the tip, haven't really tried it out yet for fear of ruining the figure.

#8 rwwingate

rwwingate

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:49 AM

Neato idea.  Thanks for sharing.  I've kicked my Tyranids out of their hard sided case so I have plenty of room for infantry but I hadn't found a good way to store walkers.  I will definately copy your idea.

#9 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:52 AM

Here's a pic of the arm swap but if you look closely at the shields they are not paired up properly, you need to dissassemble all 3 parts of the shields and mix 'n' match to get 2 matching pairs.  twc-dust-tactics.blogspot.com/2011/04/hobby-wednesday-flak-luther-and-loth.html

#10 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:11 AM

Oh, so you went as far as breaking down the shield to swap the parts around. Humm... don't think I find that really necessary, nobody but me would notice the difference...

#11 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:19 AM

D.Azriel said:

It is a Loth, I won it at this years world championships.

#12 Dcal12

Dcal12

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:06 PM

Dakkon426 said:

D.Azriel said:

It is a Loth, I won it at this years world championships.

Dakkon426 came in second place for the Dust Tactics World Championship.  I forgot they gave out the Loth. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS