Promo cards?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ImmortalJedi

ImmortalJedi

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:08 AM

I'm new to the LCG system, but have been playing CCGs and TCGs for years. Many of those game have exclusive promo cards, and some have proven to be difficult to find.

What I'd like to know is, are there any exclusive promo cards for the LCGs? If there are, are they somewhat easy to track down?

Thanks in advance!

#2 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:15 AM

Not that I'm aware of. 

#3 American Dragon

American Dragon

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:19 AM

Now, if there wasn't any, it would be good to have some. But as of now, the "Massing of Osgiliath" original printing is about as far as you can go. (I guess. I'm kinda new to LCG's myself.)

AmDrag

"Being honest may not get you many friends, but it'll always get you the right ones." - John Lennon

"I am a chancellor. I was elected because I know how to think outside the box, which means I can also think inside the chimney! Can you think inside a chimney?" - Pinkie Pie

#4 mischraum.de

mischraum.de

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:27 AM

The concept of the LCG includes that there are no cards that you have to chase. Maybe some cards with alternate art will be given out at tournaments but that's pretty much it.

Travelling for LCG tournaments: Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Gen Con, Genoa, Göteborg, Liege, Salzburg
Next destination: Make a suggestion!

#5 ImmortalJedi

ImmortalJedi

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:00 PM

Thanks everyone! I may eventually miss the thrill of tracking down a chase or promo card, but the idea behind LCGs is appealing...and less expensive, which my wife will appreciate!!!

#6 evilidler

evilidler

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:03 AM

LCGs extend marriages :)

#7 The_Big_Show

The_Big_Show

• Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:32 AM

With the recent announcement  that the LotR LCG promo from Gen Con will become available as a POD item on the web site, I think thats the way that promo cards are going to co.

#8 Svenn

Svenn

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:44 AM

Wait, what's this now about a LotR LCG promo from Gen Con?

#9 evilidler

evilidler

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

That "super-hard" scenario talked about in other threads is what he means. Massing at Osgiliath, or something.

#10 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:31 AM

I believe it's going to be available as a POD at some point. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS