Just bought Runewars!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:42 AM

And the box is sitting there, unopened and looking at me with sexy eyes!

Sorry, just wanted to brag a bit and say hi!

Bought it yesterday after many months thinking about making the move but ended up buying other games instead (like Talisman which i'm completely in love with...and bought all the expansions after only our first play).

To add to the excitement...I made a trade with a dude I know and got WoW the boardgame + SoW for Tannhäuser + Daedalus + single packs...the game look really great too!

So, tonight i'm gonne slowy open this sexy box and go on an unpunching spree!

BTW, thanks FFG for making awesome games!

#2 LETE

LETE

• Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:31 AM

Hi:

It's like xmas in August!

L

#3 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:41 PM

LETE said:

Hi: 

L

Hahahah exactly!

Just read 2/3 of Runewars rules and this game look simply amazing.  Everything I was looking for in a game seems almost all there! And the quality, FFG quality as expected...even though the box is simply too large for the content pwahahaha!

But an epic game needs an epic box I guess!

#4 Maerimydra

Maerimydra

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:06 PM

SolennelBern said:

LETE said:

Hi: 

L

Hahahah exactly!

Just read 2/3 of Runewars rules and this game look simply amazing.  Everything I was looking for in a game seems almost all there! And the quality, FFG quality as expected...even though the box is simply too large for the content pwahahaha!

But an epic game WITH EPIC EXPANSIONS need an epic box I guess!

Corrected the last sentence for you. :)

#5 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:21 AM

Indeed.  One nice thing about this box is that I know I'm going to be able to fit all the expansion stuff in it too.  Heck, I was able to fit BOTH TI3 expansions in one box (BARELY), so this will easily fit AND still have room for adding any custom stuff.

#6 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:29 AM

Yoooooooooo!

Played only one game since I bought RW (it's sad I know) but it was awesome, even though it was a 2-player game.

Next monday i'm gonna play a 3-player game.  I read (mostly on BGG) that 3-player games were not the best since there was always ultimately one player dragging behind and 2 up top fighting for victory.

Is there some things I should know/do before then? Should I try to get a 4th player? :P

Anything special about 3-player games?

#7 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:32 AM

Personally, I like the 3-player games the best.  2-players are fun, but you lose a lot of the tension of bidding.  4 players is also good, but you often have situations where the two players opposite each other on the map never come in contact with each other.  In 3 players, you are almost always adjacent to both other players, regardless of who you are, and I find it leads to great fun.

Sure, there are some games where one player falls behind, but you'll get that just as easily in 4 player games as well.

#8 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:39 AM

sigmazero13 said:

Personally, I like the 3-player games the best.  2-players are fun, but you lose a lot of the tension of bidding.  4 players is also good, but you often have situations where the two players opposite each other on the map never come in contact with each other.  In 3 players, you are almost always adjacent to both other players, regardless of who you are, and I find it leads to great fun.

Sure, there are some games where one player falls behind, but you'll get that just as easily in 4 player games as well.

That's what I wanted to hear.  After playing a 2-player game I couldn't get why a 3-player game received more negative comments than 2 or 4-player mostly due to what you just stated about proximity of all players.  The 3-player map look really nice to play with.

Thanks sigmazero13!

#9 juanson

juanson

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:41 AM

Totaly agreeee.!!!!!!!!!! 3 is the best.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS