A disappointment

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gicih

Gicih

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

With all the hype and wait for BB:TM I'm beginning to worry that this is going to major fail. I love BB, but cant help but feel that this isnt ging to be what I want. Anyone else agree, or disagree?

#2 Kryyst

Kryyst

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:21 AM

Gicih said:

With all the hype and wait for BB:TM I'm beginning to worry that this is going to major fail. I love BB, but cant help but feel that this isnt ging to be what I want. Anyone else agree, or disagree?

Entirely disagree - I did up a review in the other thread if you want to read my opinions.  While I don't know what it is that you want.  This game turned out to be exactly what I wanted, though until playing it I didn't know what it was that I wanted.   Could they have done more with it - sure - every game can have more done with it.  But it distils the essence of Blood Bowl into an accessible 2-4 player game.  Without rehashing my review, they nailed it.

#3 keltheos

keltheos

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

+1. Easily one of the most fun little card games I've played in a long time and it captures the feel of running a BB team in a card game format perfectly.

We started joking it was Fantasy Fantasy Football.

#4 Dafmetal

Dafmetal

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:49 PM

+1. I'm glad they took a different approach than what I expected actually. I was expecting BB matches through cards where they would stay close to the original BB. But seeing now how you play a full season through 'highlights' makes it feel quite fresh. I'm not so sure BB really has the potential of being a full-fledged LCG. Seeing it in this format with an occasional POD expansion sounds like a great approach.

#5 MajMalfunction

MajMalfunction

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:52 AM

I have never played Blood Bowl and I went into GenCon with this completely off my radar.  But, there was a demo table opening up Thursday morning so I sat down and tried it, finished my demo and shook my butt into the line to buy it before it sold out.  It was a fun little game with a very cool theme.

#6 Kryyst

Kryyst

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:13 AM

Dafmetal said:

+1. I'm glad they took a different approach than what I expected actually. I was expecting BB matches through cards where they would stay close to the original BB. But seeing now how you play a full season through 'highlights' makes it feel quite fresh. I'm not so sure BB really has the potential of being a full-fledged LCG. Seeing it in this format with an occasional POD expansion sounds like a great approach.

Agreed, this is a game that would never have worked well as an LCG. I think the way they are doing it, which sorta matches the original BB is the better approach.  Core game, then maybe 2-4 more expansions with 4-6 teams in them each and possibly a few more of the other cards in each one.  Then once that's done, you've got all you need with this game.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS