Number of players????

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Gicih

Gicih

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:57 PM

Its a shame that this is just two players. IS it likely to get more players with expansions?

#2 Yeti1775

Yeti1775

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:45 AM

Even if it is only two players it's probably easily expanded by increasing the map size and number of pieces available.

#3 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:46 PM

That's what I'm thinking. Just like SWM is(was) a two-person game conceptually, there's no reason it couldn't be played as two SIDES with multiple players on each. A little tough with nothing but X-Wings and TIEs, but once you start seeing Y-Wings, TIE Interceptors, The Falcon (or whatever turns up), playing with multiple folks should be easy enough. I can't imagine FFG would hose up the ruleset so badly that that's somehow not possible.

#4 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:27 PM

And here's the intro to a report from Gencon from an Alex Rosenwald posting on Videogamegeek:

I was thankful enough to the guys who were demoing the game when I walked up to let me take the stick of 2 TIE Fighters as we took on the Rebels. Here's what I can tell you about my experience. We played 6 TIE fighters taking on 3 X-Wings.

So, as you can see, no prob with splitting up control of elements on a side so as to allow multiple players.

#5 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:28 PM

Considering that Wings of War supportd 1 to X players, I don't see why X-Wing shouldn't, eventually.

#6 Winged_Human

Winged_Human

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:38 AM

IG-58 said:

And here's the intro to a report from Gencon from an Alex Rosenwald posting on Videogamegeek:

I was thankful enough to the guys who were demoing the game when I walked up to let me take the stick of 2 TIE Fighters as we took on the Rebels. Here's what I can tell you about my experience. We played 6 TIE fighters taking on 3 X-Wings.

So, as you can see, no prob with splitting up control of elements on a side so as to allow multiple players.

You got a link to this report?

#7 Dog Solitude

Dog Solitude

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:11 AM

Winged_Human said:

You got a link to this report?

Check reply #1 in the "demo of star wars" thread.

#8 Winged_Human

Winged_Human

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:19 AM

Kewl, thanks.

#9 teufelwolf@yahoo.com

teufelwolf@yahoo.com

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:23 PM

#10 gentgeen

gentgeen

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

Any particular reason to necro a thread from over three years ago?

#11 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:35 PM

Any particular reason to necro a thread from over three years ago?

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess "no".

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS