Please release Clone Wars fighters!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 farseer

farseer

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

I understand the want and need for Galactic Empire, but i want swarms of droid fighters and ARC fighters

• willmanx likes this

#2 plokoon9619

plokoon9619

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

I prefer the Clone Wars stay away from this game. Its turned until complete kiddy crap since the cartoon started up. 

#3 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:33 PM

I'm actually a little surprised they DIDN'T start with Clone Wars. That seems to be the Lucas mantra right now; try to find cool toys that don't support the flippin' cartoon! But setting the stage with the traditional two big dogs makes me happy. it also tells me that just mebbe FFG is about - well, purity rather than just toeing a party line. So, yeah, I'd eventually like to see V-Wings & Geonosian starfighters, but for the first year let's roll with OT.

#4 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

farseer said:

I understand the want and need for Galactic Empire, but i want swarms of droid fighters and ARC fighters

Oh man, your post just made me think of something - if they ever do make ARCs... they won't be 'Rare'! 

#5 pocoyo_joe

pocoyo_joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:40 AM

The Clone War era fighter that interests me most is the Z-95 Headhunter

• willmanx likes this

#6 Yeti1775

Yeti1775

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:09 AM

I want them all.

#7 Squid89

Squid89

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:02 AM

It seems LFL has shifted their philosophy a bit on the various product lines and are acknowledging that their is a big market for us older collector/gamers.  The Clone Wars, on the whole, appeal more to the 2nd generation fans as opposed to those of us who grew up with the OT.  It also seems Clone Wars fans still recognize the OT stuff, but not the other way around for the more casual.  Starting with the iconic fighters is a good way to appeal to teh largest audience from the start, I think - it worked well enough for SWM.

Overall, I like the classic fighters and other ships, but would not object to seeing some of the Clone Wars stuff come into the game over time.  Depending on gameplay, I'm still up in the air if I would like to see crossover eras or not if the Clone Wars were made.

#8 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:37 PM

What Squid said. There's also the indisputable fact that we "older gamers" collectively have a bit more disposable income.

#9 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:01 PM

I say, make 'em all.

Put era icons on the cards - like, the Z-95 Headhunter could have both Clone Wars and Rebellion era icons. Then the gamers can decide if they wanna mix eras, or play era pure. I loves me my OT, but I also loves me my Naboo N1's. 

• willmanx likes this

#10 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:53 PM

HELL yeah, make 'em all! But realistically, I somehow feel this game won't have the volume of (what coulda been) Starship Battles. My dreams of a Sith Interceptor or TIE Predator will most likely never be realized. Too much "regular" ground to cover first!

#11 Winged_Human

Winged_Human

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:05 AM

If they make Clone Wars ships, I Better get one of the Grevious Star Cruisers.  All I'm saying.

#12 plokoon9619

plokoon9619

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:57 AM

Actually, this game goes along with a Pilot+Starfighter+Gear routine, and Droid Starfighters lack actual pilots. and famous squadrons (Rogue, 181st).

#13 Sgt. G

Sgt. G

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:40 AM

If i can make 'FLEETS" of TIE's exspecily inteceptors... I'm IN!!

#14 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:48 PM

Sgt. G said:

If i can make 'FLEETS" of TIE's exspecily inteceptors... I'm IN!!

Since the fighters in the base game already have 'costs', I'd assume they've already worked out costs (and probably stats) for all the other fighters seen in the films (it would be crazy not to).

#15 schoon

schoon

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

Judging from the playtests, it looks like the Rebellion Era will be the Set 1 focus.

I would expect that they will eventually get around to Clone Wars fighters.

#16 Sgt. G

Sgt. G

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:24 PM

just give me wings and wings of enterceptors...

#17 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

farseer said:

I will have to agree with you, and respectfully disagree with old WotC bud PloKoon. "Kiddie cartoon" it may be, but it's also both films & tier 1 canon. HOWEVER, I also think it needs to wait until a fair set of OT material is produced. Elsewhere, I suggested no less than the Y-Wing, A-Wing, B-Wing, TIE Interceptor, TIE Advanced (Vader's) and Millenium Falcon before moving on to the likes of droid fighters, Aethersprites, Naboo N-1s and so forth.

Whatcha think?

#18 plokoon9619

plokoon9619

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:09 PM

IG-58 said:

farseer said:

I will have to agree with you, and respectfully disagree with old WotC bud PloKoon. "Kiddie cartoon" it may be, but it's also both films & tier 1 canon. HOWEVER, I also think it needs to wait until a fair set of OT material is produced. Elsewhere, I suggested no less than the Y-Wing, A-Wing, B-Wing, TIE Interceptor, TIE Advanced (Vader's) and Millenium Falcon before moving on to the likes of droid fighters, Aethersprites, Naboo N-1s and so forth.

Whatcha think?

Doesn't matter if the films are Tier 1, The Clone Wars is massively marketed toward the kids now. Plus were still lacking in pilots and squadrons. Droid fighters especially don't have pilots since the fighters are droids themselves and I have never seen a single famous squadron of them like Rogues, 181st, etc. 

#19 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:50 PM

True, droids have no pilots or famous squadrons, but the X-wing cards at GenCon also had generic pilots, like Ace and Rookie. There could be droid fighters labeled as Basic and Advance to counter that.

However, even though I just defended the idea of including Clone Wars fighters eventually, I still think that since the name of the game is "X-wing" it just feels better to stick with the original trilogy. I think with prices the way they appear, that even if Clone Wars fighters are released I'll probably have to pass them up . (Though a V-19 Torrent would be awesome!)

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#20 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:54 PM

I'm thinking that when that time comes, there will be a second "starter." 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS