Excellent

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:08 AM

Bring forth the Star Wars RPG! But please dont use the 40K of WFRP rules!

#2 Avii

Avii

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:28 AM

And lo the nerd gods looked upon their children and said "Let there be Star Wars minis!". Then from the great realm of FFG x-wing and tie fighter minis rained from the skies and the nerds were pleased. Some even began to weep with joy. Forum poster Avii was just one of these many weeping nerds.

• Gazerfoxie likes this

#3 Maerimydra

Maerimydra

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:53 AM

I was expecting a game like Twilight Imperium set in the Star Wars universe, but I guess it's not going to happen any time soon.

#4 Yeti1775

Yeti1775

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:20 AM

So when's the RPG section going to open up on the forums?

I've got this wish list. :)

Far as Ship Mini's.

Many many requests here.  Many more RPG wise.

#5 pathunstrom

pathunstrom

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:02 AM

Maerimydra said:

I was expecting a game like Twilight Imperium set in the Star Wars universe, but I guess it's not going to happen any time soon.

A good team based war game could be pretty cool. Or even one of those crazy games that is 3 V 1 with the Imperial player getting more territory and resources, but the Rebel players able to do strike and fades because they've only got a handful of units each

In general, yes, I'd love to see this.

#6 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:49 AM

I think if this game comes with unpainted miniatures and they have a "collector's edition" that is fully painted, it'll be the first itme I shell out money for the painted edition (and Arkham Horror minis don't count for this).

• Silver Crane likes this

#7 Pilot17

Pilot17

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:09 PM

JerusalemJones said:

I think if this game comes with unpainted miniatures and they have a "collector's edition" that is fully painted, it'll be the first itme I shell out money for the painted edition (and Arkham Horror minis don't count for this).

From the description it sounds like they are all going to be painted.

#8 ImmortalJedi

ImmortalJedi

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:02 PM

Pilot17 said:

JerusalemJones said:

From the description it sounds like they are all going to be painted.

I hope so...I'm awful at trying to paint miniatures!

#9 marcemtp

marcemtp

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

I wonder if you will be able to get heros like luke or wedge for the rebels?

#10 pocoyo_joe

pocoyo_joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:30 AM

Peacekeeper_b said:

Bring forth the Star Wars RPG! But please dont use the 40K of WFRP rules!

Would it be outlandish to hope the SW RPG would be a return to the old D6 RPG of WEG days of yore?

As for the minis, bring them on! If they're nicely done I'll be hooked, however will it be a case of getting random minis in a box (like WEG) or do they plan to release sets whereby it actually tells you on the box what's inside?

#11 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:48 AM

pocoyo_joe said:

will it be a case of getting random minis in a box (like WEG) or do they plan to release sets whereby it actually tells you on the box what's inside?

Just to clarify, it was WotC's Star Wars minis that were randomized - WEG's were clearly labeled. But I see you're a WEG guy too, so I'll bet that was just a typo. 

As for X-Wing, all reports thus far indicate non-random! 

#12 pocoyo_joe

pocoyo_joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:04 AM

D'oh! Yes it was a typo, I meant WOTC and not WEG!

Yes definately a WEG guy (I know that ages me).

Good to hear X-Wing won't be random, the whole random factor is what put me off WOTC (see I got it right that time!)

#13 Incom1138

Incom1138

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:40 AM

Thank God that it won't be random!!!! Now everybody will have a fighting chance when it comes to squad building, not just who spends the most money.

#14 Avii

Avii

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:25 AM

Now imagine this online with like Vassal. O imagine the sort of scenario's you could do? Trench run re-enactment anyone!? I am..... I AM SO EXCITIED!!! *tuskan raider cheer*

#15 Kaiote

Kaiote

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

Random old threads?

#16 DagobahDave

DagobahDave

• Members
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

Pointless necro. Great.

Join the Unofficial X-Wing Galactic Campaign and propel your favorite faction toward victory every time you play!

#17 Millennium Falsehood

Millennium Falsehood

• Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

*sigh* Why do people necro, especially threads that are so old that they were created before X-wing? It just pushes better threads down and wastes time.

• DagobahDave likes this

Rebel Alliance: 7 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 4 A-wings, 1 YT-1300, 2 HWK-290s, 3 B-wings, 1 GR-75, 1 CR-90

Galactic Empire: 6 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE Advanced, 2 Firespray-31s, 1 Lambda class Shuttle, 3 TIE Bombers

"Main characters defeat a Star Trek villain? Give 'em a Star Wars celebration!"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS