Photo

The Sacred Pool - Oathsworn Guide, Riding Horse + Gilded compass, Shield of Defiance, Spitfeul Imp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 domFR

domFR

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:23 AM

Hi, some questions about the Sacred Pool cards.

1) Someone is on the Crown of Command, the other player draws the Spiteful Imp, is he teleported to the CoC space ? (the card only says to choose a character in a Region.. not mentionning any exception)

2) I have the Oathsworn guide which allows me from 1 to my dice result, can I use this ability while using a Riding Horse ? the same question goes for the Gilded Compass ... can I throw 2 dices using my horse, and reduce 1 with the compass ? can I even combine all three effects ?

In other situations (I don't remember precisely, but like praying maybe), one card/space says "roll 2 dices" and the card we wanna use doesn't mention the possibility of multiple dices but FAQs says to consider as if it would be written.. how about these ones then?

3) Strength / Craft on the Shield of Defiance text... does it mean (as I think), base values + blue/red counters + item bonuses (not "for a fight") ones + followers bonuses (not "for a fight") ones ? shall we add everything with the weapons as well and maybe bonuses from "Tunnel fighter" type follower (Dungeon card) ?

Does this item mean the combat is only a dice fight and who makes the highest win ?

#2 Shifting Spirit

Shifting Spirit

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:33 AM

1) Well, I don't see why he couldn't, but keep in mind he doesn't have to teleport to the character on the CoC, he could as well teleport to another character (unless he should challenge the player on the CoC).

2) I think Riding Horse can be used with Gilded Compass, because it's not about the dice/s you roll, but the outcome - however, you should not be able to use different objects to manipulate the outcome of your dice/s Same should apply to the Oathsworn Guide, but I fail to see why you'd need the compass if you have the guide which allows you to reach everthing within range of you roll/s. No need for compass there.

I don't really get your other question...what card/s do you mean and how could/would they interact with spaces like the temple, for example?

3) I'm not sure about this one, but it doesn't say something like "about to engage" as on other cards we know, so I think you're right about it being an only dice fight - the cards says all boni, so it would be base value + counters + items + weapons + followers and everything.

Awaiting comments from the "veterans"^^...

#3 kolorek

kolorek

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

Also awaiting .

Byw as a clarification, the shield of defiance does not mention all bonuses.. Just the craft or strength if it is bigger or not .

So we compare the current amount ( meaning cones + base + "permanent "bonuses  from objects.

However if the warhorse is used - and the quote from the card says :

"Add your Craft value to your Strength during battle.

.. Does this count towards the strength increase given by the shield of defiance ?

#4 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

domFR said:

Hi, some questions about the Sacred Pool cards.

1) Someone is on the Crown of Command, the other player draws the Spiteful Imp, is he teleported to the CoC space ? (the card only says to choose a character in a Region.. not mentionning any exception)

The card says "in any Region" and this is quite explicit. You can teleport to a Charater in the Inner Region, including CoC.

domFR said:

2) I have the Oathsworn guide which allows me from 1 to my dice result, can I use this ability while using a Riding Horse ? the same question goes for the Gilded Compass … can I throw 2 dices using my horse, and reduce 1 with the compass ? can I even combine all three effects ?

No, these combinations never work. So far, I've seen only movement effects that apply to a "die roll". This means only standard movement, where you roll 1 single die. There are some FAQs about the Reaper and the Clockwork Owl that explicitly say that the Riding Horse doesn't work with them. You can easily extend the answer to these cases.

domFR said:

In other situations (I don't remember precisely, but like praying maybe), one card/space says "roll 2 dices" and the card we wanna use doesn't mention the possibility of multiple dices but FAQs says to consider as if it would be written.. how about these ones then?

Sorry, which FAQ are you referring to, I don't understand.

domFR said:

3) Strength / Craft on the Shield of Defiance text… does it mean (as I think), base values + blue/red counters + item bonuses (not "for a fight") ones + followers bonuses (not "for a fight") ones ? shall we add everything with the weapons as well and maybe bonuses from "Tunnel fighter" type follower (Dungeon card) ?

Does this item mean the combat is only a dice fight and who makes the highest win ?

Yes, barring few exceptions (Valkyries, Marked for glory, Dragon Teeth) which add something to the combat roll. In these cases a Character can fully benefit from them. Otherwise, there's no way to get around the fact that anything that adds to your Strength/Craft is always compensated by Shield of Defiance,

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS