Development notes/sneak peaks

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:05 PM

I figured any bits of info we glean from the rulebook before it comes out can be collected here.  I will submit the first set. 

so, Andy Chambers joined the Dust Tactics Facebook page yesterday and wasted no time giving a slight insight (and pics of his painted Axis troops):

"The Dust Warfare rules have been developed directly from Dust Tactics so if you're familiar with the mechanics for the board game the transition to tabletop will be very straightforward. The addition of reactions and an all new turn sequence are the biggest differences between the two. As a side note I'm also a big Squad Leader fan from back in the day and I've tried to re-capture some of that feel for Dust Warfare (thought not the mechanics!).

I should also add that I think the benefits of IGO UGO outweigh its detriments when balanced off by a reaction system. Have no fear, you won't be sitting on your hands during your opponent's turn."

#2 madmaxknick50

madmaxknick50

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:37 AM

I have always been a big Andy Chambers fan ... solid game designer and an all-around cool guy. Got to meet him a long time ago at Games Day.

#3 wminsing

wminsing

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:53 AM

Yep, I'm fairly confident that Chambers will produce a solid game- even if it is IGO-UGO.

-Will

#4 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:28 AM

wminsing said:

Yep, I'm fairly confident that Chambers will produce a solid game- even if it is IGO-UGO.

-Will

His Skaven codex from the early 90s was perfect. hated all of them ever since.

But with proper overwatch and reactive fire rules IGOUGO becomes I Go but wait he U get to Go now as well? Dammit!

I remember several gangfights in Necromunda foiled by overwatch!

#5 King Jareth

King Jareth

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:33 AM

I love his Starship troopers core rules and they are built around the reaction mechanic. Looking forward to this.

#6 DreadWolf

DreadWolf

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:39 AM

I am also looking forward to the these new rules. Andy Chambers has done some interesting work in the past.

#7 bootlegbaker

bootlegbaker

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:46 AM

Man-I am so excited about this! The reviews sound great...Chambers+FFG+gorgeous minis, can wait! Boardgame in the future?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS