6 replies to this topic

#1 LETE

LETE

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:06 AM

Hiyas!

I have one thing I'd wanna clear up:

When referring to "unit type" in the rules, does it mean just (take into account) the unit figure's base (hexagonal, circle, square, rectangular, triangular), or something else (ie., it's name or title, for instance)?

Thanks!

L

#2 Wanderer999

Wanderer999

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:54 AM

Unit type means entire figure. Which means the neutral sorcerers and the waiqar necromancers are two DIFFERENT types despite both being circle based.

#3 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:09 AM

Indeed; the rulebook is confusing because there's a side bar on "unit types" which talks about unit shapes, but it has been clarified in other rulings that when cards, etc, refer to "unit types", they are referring to the actual different unit names.  For instance, "Skeleton Archers" and "Reanimates" are different unit types, despite them both having Triangle bases.

I think a more accurate set of terms would be: 

Base Type - All units that share a common base shape are of the same "base type"

Unit Type - All units that share a common name are of the same "unit type"

#4 LETE

LETE

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:18 AM

His:

Thanks!  We were gonna play the game in a whole different way then!

Pray tell, where is this officially spelled out (I can't find it in the FAQ)?

Thanks!

L

#5 Kartigan

Kartigan

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:53 PM

You can find the answer to this question and many more in Sigmazero's excellent document which compiles rules questions and answers from not only the FAQ, but also those answered by Corey K in e-mails and in forums.  You can find it here, version 10 is the latest version I believe.

#6 LETE

LETE

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:16 PM

Hey there!

THANKS! I wonder why this doc isn't available here, but in a different site.

L

#7 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

LETE said:

Hey there!

THANKS! I wonder why this doc isn't available here, but in a different site.

L

Because technically it's not an "official" document, but rather just a list of rulings I've compiled that have come from the designer.

IE, I think it's fair to say the answers in there are "official", even if the document itself is not :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS