Jump to content



Photo

Suggestion if there is a new printrun: Be more colorblind friendly


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 clowntable

clowntable

    Member

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:37 AM

Hi,

I'm red/green colorblind and have a very hard time distinguishing the terminators of certain teams. I have solved this by simply writing down on paper who is on which team but I think it could be solved very easily:

Put the team icon on the Space Marine cards somewhere like you did for the action cards (where the icon is on the back).



#2 raiden14

raiden14

    Member

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:27 AM

my condolences man, I have exactly the same problem and its a horror to choose correct teams sometimes



#3 evilidler

evilidler

    Member

  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:24 PM

 I'm not colourblind to any degree, and I still have trouble. The cards could use more differentiation.

 



#4 TriumphantOgre

TriumphantOgre

    Member

  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:32 AM

The Space Marines Mission Pack has the team icon on the marines cards, just a shame the other teams still have the generic aquilla.



#5 Dam

Dam

    Member

  • Members
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:04 AM

TriumphantOgre said:

The Space Marines Mission Pack has the team icon on the marines cards, just a shame the other teams still have the generic aquilla.

I agree. The eight-pointed star is much better icon/symbol than an aquilla .


"A dirty mind is its own reward."


#6 Hando

Hando

    Member

  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:47 PM

Yeah agree that the wishy washy colours are bad, color-blind or not.  Yellow, green, navy, green, orange v red...all rather hard to see.



#7 Uncle Kulikov

Uncle Kulikov

    Member

  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:27 AM

evilidler said:

 I'm not colourblind to any degree, and I still have trouble. The cards could use more differentiation.

Agreed. Where I have trouble is between Grey (book) and Blue (sword) teams.



#8 JackhammerJohn

JackhammerJohn

    Member

  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

I took my tokens and scanned them (actually just hit the copy button twice).  Then I cut out the symbols and inserted them inside the card sleeves towards the middle bottom edge.  Works great.  It doesn't move around unless you are flinging cards.  I just did the one side so I can easily find the cards for setup instead of trying to match the specific Marine picture.

 

Almost tempted to redo all the Marine Cards in Photoshop with the symbol on it and sleeve them, but this will do me fine for now.

 

I hope this helps.

 This image is from http://wargamecenter.wordpress.com/2010/10/26/review-space-hulk-%E2%80%93-death-angel-the-card%C2%A0game/

 The above image is from wargamecenter.wordpress.com/2010/10/26/review-space-hulk-%E2%80%93-death-angel-the-card%C2%A0game/



#9 Uncle Kulikov

Uncle Kulikov

    Member

  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

JackhammerJohn said:

I took my tokens and scanned them (actually just hit the copy button twice).  Then I cut out the symbols and inserted them inside the card sleeves towards the middle bottom edge.  Works great.  It doesn't move around unless you are flinging cards.  I just did the one side so I can easily find the cards for setup instead of trying to match the specific Marine picture.

 

Almost tempted to redo all the Marine Cards in Photoshop with the symbol on it and sleeve them, but this will do me fine for now.

 

I hope this helps.

 This image is from http://wargamecenter.wordpress.com/2010/10/26/review-space-hulk-%E2%80%93-death-angel-the-card%C2%A0game/

 The above image is from wargamecenter.wordpress.com/2010/10/26/review-space-hulk-%E2%80%93-death-angel-the-card%C2%A0game/

That's an excellent idea.



#10 JackhammerJohn

JackhammerJohn

    Member

  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

I posted my examples on Boardgamegeek today.  They are pending approval as of 1/31/12.

www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1222943/space-hulk-death-angel-the-card-game

www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1222944/space-hulk-death-angel-the-card-game

LOL, looking at the cards enlarged shows that I can't cut a circle.  Looks a lot better in real life.

 



#11 JackhammerJohn

JackhammerJohn

    Member

  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

JackhammerJohn said:

 

I posted my examples on Boardgamegeek today.  They are pending approval as of 1/31/12.

www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1222943/space-hulk-death-angel-the-card-game

www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1222944/space-hulk-death-angel-the-card-game

LOL, looking at the cards enlarged shows that I can't cut a circle.  Looks a lot better in real life.

 

 

 

For some reason it is taking forever for boardgamegeek to approve the images.  I uploaded them into my gallery.

Try: www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1227407/jackhammerjohn

and: www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1227408/jackhammerjohn

 

 



#12 JackhammerJohn

JackhammerJohn

    Member

  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:29 PM

Just a FYI - these tokens that I slipped in the plastic sleeves have made a world of difference in organizing and picking out cards!  I hope someone else can benefit from this.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS