Men, Goblins, and Dwarves

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheKingOfBlades

TheKingOfBlades

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:43 AM

I know people are really itching to see some new races introduced to the game but I would really like to see these three armies fleshed out just a bit more.

The expansion could include all three armies.

For the humans It would be cool to have:

3 spearmen units

2 halberdier unit

Deployment cards to replace the cards from the original deck that have goblins and dwarves. These new cards would include more special units like spearmen, knights, halberdier, and units containing horn blowers. This way you could choose to do an all human army with more various types of units or you could still use the old cards to create a combined force.

For goblins it would be cool to have:

3 blue banner swordsmen units

1 red banner swordsmen unit

2 halberdier unit

Deployment cards to add to the current goblin cards that would have only goblin units so you could play a complete goblin army.

For dwarves it would be cool to have:

3 blue banner swordsmen units

1 red banner swordsmen unit

2 green banner crossbowmen units

Deployment cards to add to the current dwarf cards that would have only dwarf units so you could play a complete dwarf army.

Am I the only one that would really enjoy this kind of expansion? Or are there others out there that would like this? And the reason I want to see more regular blue and red goblins and dwarves is because I feel that the current goblin and dwarf deployment cards have too many of the more special units and not enough of the basic types of units.

#2 pot the ferret

pot the ferret

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:52 AM

Maybe some more green melee units for the humans also (just two for each side from the core set right?)

#3 TheKingOfBlades

TheKingOfBlades

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:54 AM

pot the ferret said:

Maybe some more green melee units for the humans also (just two for each side from the core set right?)

Yeah there's only two per side. While I wouldn't mind seeing another green unit short sword unit I think I would rather see a new human green unit. Some sort of robin hood type unit that has a 2 hex ranged attack that hits on sword and shields at range and at point blank.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS