IPAD / IPHONE Tool set

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CoyDK

CoyDK

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:05 AM

Have you (FFG) consideret making a toolset we can buy that can help the GM run his deathwatch rp?

I am thinking of a toolset that allow the GM to:

• Create Enemies
  • Maps of the 40k universe, maybe addon packs that will be downloadable from the FFG site
  • Massed Battle management, Hordes exc.
  • Weapon penalty / bonus calculator (range penalty, size, misc, exc)

This is just out of my head, there is prop alot more to add but I would love to have this feature on the "IPAD/phone" devices. It workes realy well with other game systems. Detaled information on Talents and skills dont need to be explaned, this will force us to still buy the books. This way it will not be a "cheap" digital substitute for all the books.

#2 Dwarfgod52

Dwarfgod52

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:30 PM

That's a good idea.

#3 CoyDK

CoyDK

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:05 PM

I am crossing my fingeres and sacrificing a goat in the hopes that FFG will make this come true :)

#4 mcneil_1

mcneil_1

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:31 PM

That would be a great idea.

Also along these lines I wonder if Herolabs are going to a Package for Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, DeathWatch and Black Crusade?

#5 N0-1_H3r3

N0-1_H3r3

Former Contributing Freelance Writer

• Members
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

mcneil_1 said:

That would be a great idea.

Also along these lines I wonder if Herolabs are going to a Package for Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, DeathWatch and Black Crusade?

As far as I'm aware, Wolflair work with a number of game publishers to produce their Hero Lab packages (rather than the more ad-hoc method used with Armybuilder), and won't/can't release a 40kRP package without collaborating with FFG and GW on it.

Writing Credits for Fantasy Flight Games: Into the Storm, Edge of the Abyss, Battlefleet Koronus, Hostile Acquisitions, Black Crusade Core Rulebook, First Founding, The Jericho Reach, The Soul Reaver, Only War, The Navis Primer and Ark of Lost Souls

#6 Chioxin

Chioxin

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:49 AM

This kind of stuff would be awesome for this, and for Dark Heresy, and Rogue trader. I keep looking for APPS on this stuff and I am consistantly disappointed. It's probably much like what N0-1_H3r3 states. Its sad, because these are great opportunities to be had by them! If they'd take it up and do it.

#7 cogollo

cogollo

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:28 PM

Good idea... I would also buy such a toolset.

Hur-Nir ran to the aid of the beaten man, recovering in the process a handful of pennies the thugs had let fall in the man's boots during their hasty retreat. - from Nulner Blues campaign

#8 Thebigjul

Thebigjul

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:01 PM

try Dicenomicon.

If you know how to work it out you could do great things.

If like me you can still manage to use it and use simple formulas.

#9 saladin

saladin

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

I would buy an ipad app in a flash.  Moving to tablet-management of my DnD characters was the best thing I did.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS