Too quiet for a GenCon release?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 keltheos

keltheos

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:39 AM

I was wondering/hoping this might be available at GenCon as a prerelease. With the lack of news updates on it so far I'm not holding my breath...Arkham dice, sure. Rune Age, definitely. Black Crusade, yup. This...probably not.

#2 bstefanski

bstefanski

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:11 PM

It was released at GenCon.  I played in a demo and it was so fun I bought it right afterwards.  I love the mechanics.

#3 keltheos

keltheos

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:16 AM

Yeah, I was busy running events so my FFG booth time was limited. Ran by and grabbed a copy unplayed and have had a blast.

For me, it plays like a quicker version of the Carson City boardgame. Feels very familiar to anyone who's played that particular game. I do like that it's fast as well. We were caught wondering if we'd played something incorrectly when we were done in 40 minutes with a 3 player game. I like that it can stretch out depending on how fast players go to Town Hall and lay out the railroad ties.

Definitely will be a go-to 'we've only got a half hour, what do we play' game. And the art is great as always (love the tiny money).

#4 Trump

Trump

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:35 PM

I thought things were too quiet about this game as well.  Not much here or on BGG.  That does not bode well....

#5 Trump

Trump

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

FWIW, a good video review of the game is up on BGG now.  We may not have rules yet, but that review goes a long way towards understanding what the gameplay will be like.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS