Greetings all!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Leafwhistle

Leafwhistle

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:39 AM

It's your good friend, Leafwhistle! Just introducing myself. I won't be on the boards that much, but the mythos, design, fan work, and all other aspects of Arkham Horror fascinate me. You may see me pop in from time to time to ask inane questions or offer unsolicited advice

I've been perusing these boards a small bit, and it's encouraging to see some other nuts as into this game as myself and my group. Hope to make some friends soon! ^_^

~Leafwhistle~

P.S. What are points for?

P.P.S. I don't really sign all of my posts. I just wanted to be justified in saying P.S. It makes tangential thoughts more acceptable, yah?

#2 ColtsFan76

ColtsFan76

Rules Guru

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:39 AM

Leafwhistle said:

Hello and welcome to the new boards!

There are monthly drawings for raffle prizes.  Based on the number of points, you are classified as one of 4 levels.  More info is here:

http://new.fantasyfl...ad_ventajas.asp

#3 The Message

The Message

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:46 PM

Hola!

(That's all I had to say, but it's too short to post apparently.)

#4 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:57 PM

ColtsFan76 said:

Leafwhistle said:

There are monthly drawings for raffle prizes.  Based on the number of points, you are classified as one of 4 levels.  More info is here:

Really? I never knew that.

Welcome, Leafwhistle. Truly, don't be a stranger.

#5 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:19 PM

ColtsFan76 said:

Leafwhistle said:

I thought you were trolling us. I thought this guy was asking about the significance of scoring in Arkham Horror and you were telling him in all sincerity that a higher Arkham Horror final score will win you a prize.

#6 ColtsFan76

ColtsFan76

Rules Guru

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:49 PM

Given the fact the is a lurker and into tangential thoughts, it never crossed my mind he was asking about Arkham Horror points.

#7 MrsGamura

MrsGamura

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:07 PM

ColtsFan76 said:

Given the fact the is a lurker and into tangential thoughts, it never crossed my mind he was asking about Arkham Horror points.

I thought he/she was! lol

So won anything sweet yet ColtsFan76 with your 800 points self?

#8 Leafwhistle

Leafwhistle

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:42 PM

Not a troll in the least! I mainly have this account to ask questions once in a while. My friends and I are working on an expansion dedicated to the plants of Arkham and a new mechanic we're calling "Companions". I'll ask for advice.

Additionally, I fully intend to fill the imperative of all forum posters on all boards: To argue with people whose opinions I won't change over things that don't matter. ;D

#9 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:09 AM

Leafwhistle said:

Not a troll in the least! I mainly have this account to ask questions once in a while. My friends and I are working on an expansion dedicated to the plants of Arkham and a new mechanic we're calling "Companions". I'll ask for advice.

Additionally, I fully intend to fill the imperative of all forum posters on all boards: To argue with people whose opinions I won't change over things that don't matter. ;D

No, I meant that I thought Colts was telling you that your Arkham Horror final score (as delineated in the back of the rule book) would win you a prize, and I was going to say that that's a mean thing to tell new players, and is not like Colts at all.

#10 ColtsFan76

ColtsFan76

Rules Guru

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:40 AM

MrsGamura said:

ColtsFan76 said:

I thought he/she was! lol

So won anything sweet yet ColtsFan76 with your 800 points self?

There is a rumor I won something for December.  They asked for my address but I haven't seen anything yet.

#11 ColtsFan76

ColtsFan76

Rules Guru

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:41 AM

Tibs said:

Leafwhistle said:

No, I meant that I thought Colts was telling you that your Arkham Horror final score (as delineated in the back of the rule book) would win you a prize, and I was going to say that that's a mean thing to tell new players, and is not like Colts at all.

LOL.  Well I am glad I took his question in all innocence.  That would be pretty low of me if that is what he was talking about!

#12 jgt7771

jgt7771

Saving the world from cosmic evil since 2006

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:12 AM

Welcome to the Carnival, Leafwhistle!

What was that noise?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS