Best piece of gear?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 ak-73

ak-73

• Members
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:34 AM

After having played a bit, I must say I like the Astartes Jump Pack. Somehow you always find yourself right smack in the middle of the action. Priceless.

Alex

My 40K Blog (essentially a Best Of FFG Forums):

http://www.40kroleplay.weebly.com

House Rules, Rule Clarifications, Game Aids, New Creatures, consolidated official Deathwatch Squad Mode rules, 40K Tabletop to 40K Roleplay comversions, etc.

#2 LifeDruid

LifeDruid

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:32 PM

Personally, I enjoy terminator armor. Very resilient allowing you to bring heavy firepower without fear of enemy retribution.

#3 wraithstalker

wraithstalker

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:55 PM

ak-73 said:

After having played a bit, I must say I like the Astartes Jump Pack. Somehow you always find yourself right smack in the middle of the action. Priceless.

Alex

+1

Also:

Masking Screen for defensive power. (Combine with Stummers for Ninjawatch).

Signum + Link for ranged ganging up.

Stormbolter for "Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar"-olter Assault.

Going to try out:

Master Crafted Stormshield
Psychic Hood.

#4 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:08 PM

My fav piece of Wargear is something I can’t talk about due to NDA’s (), but my second fav piece of wargear is the Storm Bolter.

And until the errata came out the best piece of wargear was the Breaching Auger. That thing was nuts!! |

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#5 Lucrosium Malice

Lucrosium Malice

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:17 AM

Right now my favorite piece of wargear is the Narthecium our Apothecary wears.

Like AK said that jump pack finds me right smack in the action, which means my wounds hovers around zero, a lot. 

#6 harlokin

harlokin

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:30 AM

I love the Jump Pack, but also have a strange faciniation with the CameleolineTarpaulin

#7 boruta666

boruta666

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:38 AM

Auspex :)

something my marines always take with them, no matter what mission type.

#8 SomVone

SomVone

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:47 AM

Power Armor. It does so many things, and I often forget just how useful it is.

#9 SonofDorn

SonofDorn

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:27 AM

My bolter. An Imperial Fist never leaves home without it.

"The soul of the Imperial Fist can be found in his sword."

#10 Erborn

Erborn

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:48 AM

Stalker-pattern boltgun loaded with Kraken bolts. Not the most lethal combination, to be sure, but quite appealing to me for some reason.

#11 Vendettar

Vendettar

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:10 AM

Best gear simply but true: Power Armour! No other piece offers more benefits, except for your own Astartes-body!

#12 ak-73

ak-73

• Members
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:09 AM

Lucrosium Malice said:

Right now my favorite piece of wargear is the Narthecium our Apothecary wears.

Like AK said that jump pack finds me right smack in the action, which means my wounds hovers around zero, a lot. 

You ain't a real marine if you got more than that on a regular basis. That's what Nartheciums, Fate Points, and -let's not forget- True Grit are for.

Alex

My 40K Blog (essentially a Best Of FFG Forums):

http://www.40kroleplay.weebly.com

House Rules, Rule Clarifications, Game Aids, New Creatures, consolidated official Deathwatch Squad Mode rules, 40K Tabletop to 40K Roleplay comversions, etc.

#13 jesusjohn

jesusjohn

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:09 AM

War gear is nothing without the will to use it ;)

#14 Umbranus

Umbranus

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

I would say the most important wargear I had to pay requisition every mission is the combi tool.
A bit expensive for standard equipment but non the less very important.

#15 UncleArkie

UncleArkie

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:33 AM

Right now its my Auspex, never leave home without it.

#16 Partario

Partario

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:22 PM

I use my Auspex constantly and miss my chainsword.  The powersword seems to lack the burtality (thematically) that should be meeted out to heretics.

#17 CoyDK

CoyDK

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

Thunder Hammer & Stormshield.

I have not met an enemy I could not best in close combat with my two farvorite pices of wargear :)

#18 Stannis Ravensight

Stannis Ravensight

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:22 PM

Skapulan Bolter: DW Relic item. 2d10+9, bolter specialty from tactical makes it +11, 96-100 doesn't jam it, comes with master crafted combat knife on the end of it, has a fire selector that allows 3 different ammunition types to be in the gun at all times, stalker patter, accurate, and enemies that dodge automatically receive a -10 to dodge when fired upon. my black temp. tactical champion uses it with Recoil Suppression to fire 1 handed, with the combat shield and DW relic blade, its a must for any space marine that can afford such a wonderful Relic.

#19 Mormacar

Mormacar

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

Where does it say that the Skapulan bolter is of Stalker pattern? Shoudn´t it have a much greater Range then?

You know that you need two hands to wield a Relic blade?

As a Ultramarine Tactial my most favourite piece of gear are the various special issue ammunition together with my Hesh-pattern bolter. For very few Req-points you get a deadly weapon for nearly all occasions. Against Tyranids for example  use a fire-selector (2 Req) with Metal Storm Rounds (15Req) und Hellfire Rounds (for free). The Hesh-bolter even comes with motion predictor, preysense sight, the accurate and reliable qualities for free.

#20 Stannis Ravensight

Stannis Ravensight

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:42 PM

In the picture it has a scope on it, i assumed that made it a stalker pattern, has a range of 120M. I made the relic blade balanced from a our iron hand forgemaster. Hesh pattern is nice, though for ultras only. hellfire rounds are the shitness, near-soloed a mawloc with them.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS