1. Is the monster limit influenced in any way by non-token monsters? (for example, there is a Dark Pharoah environment card that indicates that there are mummies in each streets location, they have the stats of a zombie, but have 2 toughness). Do those count against the Monster Limit?
2. If in Arkham Movement phase you chose to go to a location that has an intervening street with a monster thereon. You have chosen to head to the location and to evade the monster in a street area so as to move past it into the location. You fail at the evade check. Do you resolve the fight right then, or do you wait until Arkham Encounters phase to fight, having failed the evade check?
3. If you chose to move into a street area to fight a monster there do you move to that location during Arkham Movement phase, and then resolve the fight during Arkham Encounters, or do you resolve it during Arkham Movement, immediately after you reach that square on the board and indicate you will be fighting it?
4. As in 3 above, if you move to a location that has a monster (no gate) with the intent to fight the monter(s), do you resolve the fight immeditately after you end in that location (during Arkham Movement), or do you wait for Arkham encounters phase to come along.?
5. I am pretty strict about the phases, although the players I have played with are not as strict. I am convinced that the ONLY thing that happens in Arkham Movement is movement, nothing more, nothing less. For example.... If I move to a location with an active gate, I end my movement there and let the next player do his/her movement. When Arkham Movement ends, we have Arkham Encounters. When it comes to me, my "action" during Arkham, or the "encounter" if you will, is to move my investigator piece to the first half of the OW that corresponds to the gate. Then in OW encounters, I have my encounter in the first half. Does this all seem AOK??
I have Dark Pharoah and the base set and I am very satisfied with the AH experience.... We lost with 7 players and Yog as the GOO since 5 gates opened quick and none of us has gate trophies. We all died DEAD.