Jump to content



Photo

Some clarification needed.


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tunte

Tunte

    Member

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

We in my group have played a few times and as always when I get a new game or an expansion, all sorts of questions and disputes occurs. Here are my questions with my own interpretation of them:

"Ritual Slaying: Each time you kill a figure in this region, draw a Chaos card." - Does it means the same as Bloodletter's upgrade card from the Horned Rat expansion? That to say for each figure you kill draw a Chaos card. (score two victory points for each figure killed, for the upgrade card.)?

"Horror's upgrade card: When you play a Chaos card with a magic symbol, you may immediately summon a Horror to that region for 0 power" Does it mean that you also can move them that are already on the board and not just from you hand? I had a lot of fun disappearing form Khorne's figures. It is also a fine way to get to play with all the pieces, not just the cultists and the Lord of Change figures.

"Bloodthirster's upgrade card: Once per round during the summoning phase, you may summon a Bloodthirster for 0 power info a region that contains six or more corruption tokens once per round." Does it mean that he can be summoned from anywhere on the board or just from an adjacent regions? I ruled that it can only be summoned either from the hand or moved from an adjacent region, since summon also means move i this game. My friend who played Khorne stated, since it can only be used once per round. it can be summoned from anywhere. Which statement is correct? (Also does Skaven figures counts as tokens in favour for this card or am I right that they only counts as tokens when scoring for ruination?)

"Plague Bearer's upgrade card: When a Plague Bearer is killed during the battle phase, place one of you corruption tokens in that region." Am I right in that this means one token per Plague Bearer, which also means that he can get dial advancement twice, or even thrice in this region? Once in the battle phase, once in the corruption phase and once in the summoning phase because of the Great Unclean One's upgrade card? Since it happens in three separate phases. (I know you can't do this because you can't combine the cards form the original set and the expansion, but in theory, would it work?)

"If you dominate VS If you dominate, immediately" Creeping Death, Doomwheel, and Warp Token Cache says; If you dominate this region *this effect happens. These card only works in the corruption phase, right? Skitterleap and Festering Fever says: If you dominate this region, immediately *this effect happens. This means that they happen in the summoning phase rather than the corruption phase? So you don't collect dominion points and Skavens do not earn dial advancement if dominate a region with a Skaven token, right?



#2 Tunte

Tunte

    Member

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:27 AM

I forgot one more about domination value from the expansion set.

"Screaming Bell and Lure of Battle says: reduce the cost of this card by one for each Skaven token/cultist in this region" Does the number of tokens/cultist still get reduced when counting domination value?

I think so, because if not it would have stated otherwise, since Slaanesh's Degenerate Royalty clearly states that: "Its printed cost is still used to calculate your dominion value." I can see the sense of them though. Khorne just have to get rid of the cultist in the battle phase and Skaven just get this card a bit cheaper if there are one or more tokens. If there is none it still gets one more region to dominate for its dial advancement.

Let me know what you think about my queries and thoughts. I'd like to get this cleared at least until Saturday. We'll play that day!



#3 Tunte

Tunte

    Member

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:09 AM

Noone to share his or her opinion here? I just want to know if my ruling or future ruling is correct.



#4 Mr. Djingles

Mr. Djingles

    Member

  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:44 AM

Tunte said:

"Ritual Slaying: Each time you kill a figure in this region, draw a Chaos card." - Does it means the same as Bloodletter's upgrade card from the Horned Rat expansion? That to say for each figure you kill draw a Chaos card. (score two victory points for each figure killed, for the upgrade card.)?

Draw chaos card after every kill you've made. 4 figures killed by you in bretonia = get 4 chaos cards immediately

Tunte said:

"Horror's upgrade card: When you play a Chaos card with a magic symbol, you may immediately summon a Horror to that region for 0 power" Does it mean that you also can move them that are already on the board and not just from you hand? I had a lot of fun disappearing form Khorne's figures. It is also a fine way to get to play with all the pieces, not just the cultists and the Lord of Change figures.

Summon=move=place.

Tunte said:

"Bloodthirster's upgrade card: Once per round during the summoning phase, you may summon a Bloodthirster for 0 power info a region that contains six or more corruption tokens once per round." Does it mean that he can be summoned from anywhere on the board or just from an adjacent regions? I ruled that it can only be summoned either from the hand or moved from an adjacent region, since summon also means move i this game. My friend who played Khorne stated, since it can only be used once per round. it can be summoned from anywhere. Which statement is correct? (Also does Skaven figures counts as tokens in favour for this card or am I right that they only counts as tokens when scoring for ruination?)

1) Once again: summon=move=place. So you can either summon daemon from your reserves or move it from anywhere on the board but according to the summoning rules: you can not summon Daemon to bretonia if you don't have figures in this region or in regions adjacent to it.
2) Horned Rat's figures do not count as corruption tokens till the region is ruined.

Tunte said:

"Plague Bearer's upgrade card: When a Plague Bearer is killed during the battle phase, place one of you corruption tokens in that region." Am I right in that this means one token per Plague Bearer, which also means that he can get dial advancement twice, or even thrice in this region? Once in the battle phase, once in the corruption phase and once in the summoning phase because of the Great Unclean One's upgrade card? Since it happens in three separate phases. (I know you can't do this because you can't combine the cards form the original set and the expansion, but in theory, would it work?)

You do not get dial advancements for placing corruption, you get only dial advancement counters(DAC). Example:
Nurgle has plaguebearers upgrade and old daemon upgrade, so:
He summons daemon to the Empire. He places two corruption tokens on a populous region so he gets 1 DAC.
After that two of his warriors were killed and so he places another two corruption tokens in Empire. And gets 1 more DAC.
After that he places 2 corruption tokens in Empire in domination phase. And gets another DAC.

So finally Nurgle gets 3 DACs only for Empire.

Now let's see what happens if Nurgle has his Nurgle's Quest card in Empire.
Same thing about DACs. But, he would have ticked his wheel 3 times during the round even before the everyone else would have made a single tick.
First time after corruption was placed by daemon, second after one of his warriors died and put corruption and finally in domination phase.

Tunte said:

"If you dominate VS If you dominate, immediately" Creeping Death, Doomwheel, and Warp Token Cache says; If you dominate this region *this effect happens. These card only works in the corruption phase, right? Skitterleap and Festering Fever says: If you dominate this region, immediately *this effect happens. This means that they happen in the summoning phase rather than the corruption phase? So you don't collect dominion points and Skavens do not earn dial advancement if dominate a region with a Skaven token, right?

Nope. Immediately means that you should carry out instructions as soon as you are able. Made that way cause of old Tzeench card: Ignore text effect.

Tunte said:

"Screaming Bell and Lure of Battle says: reduce the cost of this card by one for each Skaven token/cultist in this region" Does the number of tokens/cultist still get reduced when counting domination value?

Nope. The cost that is printed on the counts for domination, not the cost you paid to place it.



#5 Tunte

Tunte

    Member

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:48 AM

Mr. Djingles said:

 

Tunte said:

"Plague Bearer's upgrade card: When a Plague Bearer is killed during the battle phase, place one of you corruption tokens in that region." Am I right in that this means one token per Plague Bearer, which also means that he can get dial advancement twice, or even thrice in this region? Once in the battle phase, once in the corruption phase and once in the summoning phase because of the Great Unclean One's upgrade card? Since it happens in three separate phases. (I know you can't do this because you can't combine the cards form the original set and the expansion, but in theory, would it work?)

 

 

You do not get dial advancements for placing corruption, you get only dial advancement counters(DAC). Example:
Nurgle has plaguebearers upgrade and old daemon upgrade, so:
He summons daemon to the Empire. He places two corruption tokens on a populous region so he gets 1 DAC.
After that two of his warriors were killed and so he places another two corruption tokens in Empire. And gets 1 more DAC.
After that he places 2 corruption tokens in Empire in domination phase. And gets another DAC.

So finally Nurgle gets 3 DACs only for Empire.

Now let's see what happens if Nurgle has his Nurgle's Quest card in Empire.
Same thing about DACs. But, he would have ticked his wheel 3 times during the round even before the everyone else would have made a single tick.
First time after corruption was placed by daemon, second after one of his warriors died and put corruption and finally in domination phase.

Of cause I ment Dial Advancement tokens. I must say it's rather good way in securing a double tick and be just in one region. Khorne usually gets the double tick in our games, but now when Skaven has been added and with Nurgle's new cards can compete with Khorne. And even not be afraid of being killed!

Mr. Djingles said:

Tunte said:

 

"Screaming Bell and Lure of Battle says: reduce the cost of this card by one for each Skaven token/cultist in this region" Does the number of tokens/cultist still get reduced when counting domination value?

 

 

Nope. The cost that is printed on the counts for domination, not the cost you paid to place it.

I'm not so sure about this however, since the Slaanesh card specifically explains that its printed cost is not reduced when calculating for dominion. And neither of the Screaming Bell and Lust of Battle cards does.



#6 Tunte

Tunte

    Member

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:04 AM

Nevermind the last comment. You were indeed correct. I believe that they wrote the extra lines on the Slaanesh card as an extra reminder to the players. 



#7 edderkoppen

edderkoppen

    Member

  • Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:53 PM

Tunte said:

 

"If you dominate VS If you dominate, immediately" Creeping Death, Doomwheel, and Warp Token Cache says; If you dominate this region *this effect happens. These card only works in the corruption phase, right? Skitterleap and Festering Fever says: If you dominate this region, immediately *this effect happens. This means that they happen in the summoning phase rather than the corruption phase? So you don't collect dominion points and Skavens do not earn dial advancement if dominate a region with a Skaven token, right?

 

Nope. Immediately means that you should carry out instructions as soon as you are able. Made that way cause of old Tzeench card: Ignore text effect.

Are you absolutely certain about this? I don't see anything that says you count domination before the corruption phase.



#8 Darth Smeg

Darth Smeg

    Lord Nitpicker

  • Members
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:22 AM

The rules are quite clear. "If you Dominate...." is a condition that is resolved when you "check for Domination". This happens in the Corruption phase.

You do NOT dominate when you play this card into an empty region, even if you at THAT time have the most points in that region. Others can move in and spoil your plans before you get to check for Domination.

The "immediately" wording causes confusion, but what this means is that any figures moved when this happens (ie immediately after having checked that you dominate) are no longer present in that region when you later (in the Corruption Step of the same phase) check for ruination, and then even later (in the End Phase) when scoring ruined regions.

It might also affect the checking for domination in another region, if you decide to move your figures there.

For example:

You check and see that you dominate Norsca. Now before moving on to the next step you may decide to move some or all of your figures to an adjacent region, and decide to move them to the Empire having taken the "all skaven tokens are adjacent" upgrade. You proceed to check corruption in Norsca, and then Domination and Ruination again for Troll Country and Kislev. Now comes the Domination step for the Empire, and because you decided to move your figures here from Norsca, you handily snatched domination here as well.

To sum up, and to be crystal clear, you never Dominate in the Summoning phase. These cards specify actions to be carried out later, if and when you Dominate, as checked in the Domination Step of the Corruption Phase.


Tarald - The Dark Lord of Smeg

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on

 

My House Rules for using Only War (and more) for Dark Heresy games


#9 myrm

myrm

    Member

  • Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:09 AM

For skitterleap, I feel the 'immediately' is really there to reinforce the fact that you move the figures before the next region is checked for domination (there is a direction of resolution for a reason).....skittlerap chaining well does horrible things.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS