Photo

Stahleck Asylum 2011 (28-30 oct) - international COC event at LIEGE this year!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 B_P

B_P

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:35 AM

NOTE: This event is going to happen at a different time in a different place: Liege (Belgium) 28-30th Oct 2011.

Where: Ipes de seraing Collard Trouillet street (junction with Hallage street).

When: Starts at 7 pm, friday 28th of october. Finish 7 pm, sundy 30th of october.

Arriving by plane: Liege airport is nearby (+-10 km from the convention)

Arriving by train: Liège-guillemins (big arrival) or pont-de-seraing

Local players can also pick you up if necessary.

Hotel recommended: Auberge simenon

Food, beer and soft drinks are sold on the convention.

PROGRAMM

Cthulhu LCG European championship: Saturday inscriptions 10 am. first rounf 11 am.

Side events friday and sunday: story deck draft, legacy, "hand of azatoth", maybe more...

All events are free

For more info and registration contact: Damien Cauzzo (cthulhu-AT-objectif-jeux.be)

More infos will be announced here as soon as available

#2 B_P

B_P

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:52 PM

Up!

During the annual convention of my club of boardgames, living card games and wargames, I'm organizing an european tournament oc Coc lcg.

We hope to se people from everywhere gather to play Coc!

Where: Ecole polytechnique de seraing. Collard Trouillet street (junction with Hallage street), Liège Belgium.

When: 28-29-30 of october.

Friday night : free play and discussions, greetings.

Saturday : European championship of Coc lcg. Starts at 11 am.

Sunday Story deck draft and legacy tournament. Starts at 11 am.

Arriving by plane: Liege airport is nearby (+-10 km from the convention)

Arriving by train: Liège-guillemins (big arrival) or pont-de-seraing

Local players can also pick you up if necessary.

Hotel recommended: Auberge simenon (full) Need others hotels? Contact me!

Food, beer and soft drinks are sold on the convention.

All events are free

For more info and registration contact: Damien Cauzzo (cthulhu-AT-objectif-jeux.be)

The last 10 story cards from shifting sand will be the story deck.

All asylum packs on sale the 1st of october will be allowed.

Currently,

Core set
Summons of the deep cycle
Dreamlands Cycle
Yuggoth's contract cycle
The ritual of the order cycle

Forgottten lore Cycle
- Mountains of madness
- Ancient horros
- spawn of madness
- kingsport dreams

Ancient relics - First ap Shifting sands
Secret of arkham expansion
the order of the silver twilight expansion

If Conspiracies of chaos (forgotten lore) Dunwitch Denizens (forgotten lore) and curse of the jade emperor (ancient relics) are on sale the first octobor 2011, they will be legal too. I'll confirm this the 1st of october here and every forum I'm in.

We are waiting people from Germany, France, Luxembourg, Holland and Belgium!

#3 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:37 AM

B_P said:

If Conspiracies of chaos (forgotten lore) Dunwitch Denizens (forgotten lore) and curse of the jade emperor (ancient relics) are on sale the first octobor 2011, they will be legal too. I'll confirm this the 1st of october here and every forum I'm in.
It's going to be a close call for Conspiracies of Chaos and Curse of the Jade Emperor but it would be great if they were included.

Both APs are expected in September according to the 'upcoming' page. But there's no sign yet of 'Dunwich Denizens'.

#4 Loprw

Loprw

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:33 AM

In Edge Entertainment, the spanish editor of FFG's LCGs, Conspirances of Chaos and Curse of the Jade Emperor are scheduled for September 23th. Dunwitch Denizens for October, so i guess this last will not be legal in Stahleck. 

#5 B_P

B_P

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:56 AM

Hi every one!

This post to fix wich Asylum packs will be legal.

Conspiracies of chaos (forgotten lore) Dunwitch Denizens (forgotten lore) and curse of the jade emperor (ancient relics) are on sale the first octobor 2011, so they are LEGAL.

Cordially

B_P

#6 B_P

B_P

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:37 AM

B_P said:

Hi every one!

This post to fix wich Asylum packs will be legal.

Conspiracies of chaos (forgotten lore) Dunwitch Denizens (forgotten lore) and curse of the jade emperor (ancient relics) are on sale the first octobor 2011, so they are LEGAL.

Cordially

B_P

Sorry, it's not Dunwitch denizens, but kingsport dreams wich is legal!

#7 B_P

B_P

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:54 PM

Legacy tournament (side event)

The legacy tournament is a "black board card" tournament from the ccg era. The 1.1 faq is on application, no lcg cards are legal, only ccg cards and if there is a reprint in the lcg era, it's the ccg card who is legal. (example, Nodens will cost 3 and not 5). All mono ritual are still banned and the rip off. But it is still a maximum of 3 same cards in the deck and not 4 like it used to be.

The story deck draft (side event) is a tournament on the theme made by "colorcrayon".

I will distribute to each participants 48 original stories more all others officials stories. From the pack you will receive, you will pick one story and transfer the pack to your neighbour. You will recevive another pack of stories from your other neighbour and you will pick another story. And so on until they aren't any story left to distribute. Then, you will choose 3 stories from the ones you picked up and those stories will be used as your story deck (melted with the story deck of your opponent). I'll take back any other stories that aren't used.

Then you will play with an opponent. (1 game). The looser of the game will have the opportunity to force the exchange of one of his stories with one of yours. Then, you take you owns stories left (and the one exchanged) and another game begins.

#8 Wendigo

Wendigo

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:49 AM

Less than two weeks to go for probably the biggest live CoC LCG event to date since the inception of the LCG format! Count me in

#9 thorondor

thorondor

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:48 AM

FFG confirmed that the winner of the European Championship will be honoured by the chance to design his own champion card.

and there will be lots of other prizes, thanks to FFG.

but the best is the experience of some thrilling COC games and enjoying the community, so i am really looking forward to this event!

#10 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:27 AM

thorondor said:

FFG confirmed that the winner of the European Championship will be honoured by the chance to design his own champion card.

Wow, cool - finally!

#11 FredhoT

FredhoT

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:58 AM

Well well well... I'm so impatient and excited. I'll be missing the nice spot of Stahleck, but I'll appreciate playing "in my garden"...

And I'm especially eager to meet all these cultists from different countries and see again good buddies from last year championship (jhaelen, thorondor, konx, marius,... and I hope a lot of others as well).

#12 Darkman

Darkman

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:53 PM

It was a really nice tournament with 26 players. If I remembered correctly thats 10 more then the worlds at Gen.Con.

Friday night I decided to enter the tournament. Because of the short time to prepare my deck I used my deck from the Amsterdam regionals and went through the new cards and tweaked it somewhat,

We had 4 rounds of play to determine the final 8.

I started off with a draw against Jhaelen (2-2). He used Snow graves in his deck with really nerved my Stalking Hounds and also that really nasty Descendant of Eibon came to visit (and many matches after that he kept reappearing. I really hate that card ;-))

Second match was against Arnaud. He had a discard deck that used Titg and Curse of the Stone. As I use Titg myself as the key car for my deck I got ahead really quickly which was a good thing because those curse of the stone's really hurt me. Won 3-0. Forgot the name of our dutch speaking french guy. Sorry

Third match against Wolfgang if I remembered correctly. Also a 3-0 victory. Got a good hand and some nice draws at the start of the game so it was a quick game. Managed to disable his Doppelganger by getting it into play with Titg.

Last match against another french guy (don't rembember your name, sorry). Another 3-0 victory which brought me to last 8.

Got into last 8 as second placed. The format was setup in the way that I had to play againt number 1, Nicolai (aka Mzi), which won all his 4 games. It was a nice game with some mistakes at both sides. We were forgivefull and both got the chance to correct his mistake. He had a 4 faction deck with cards you dont see that often in decks. A really nice deck that does not include all the standard cards you see in every deck. fortunately I got out some nasty character with my Titg like Hastur, Obscure linguist (which I really like). I also played The Sleepwalker which worked great against his James Logan. A 3-0 victory which got my to the last 4.

The semi final was a tough one against Francesco. He used a destruction cthulhu/yog deck with cards like Sacrifial offerings, Single glimpse, calling down the ancients. He used them on my ancients ones while they were still insane He also got some nasty characters such as mr standford, dreamlands fanatics and ofcourse the descendant. When it was 1-1 in stories I gained some advantage by using my stalking hounds as cannon fodder. They almost always come back next time I use Titg. Fracesco had an empty hand and then it happened. He gave up as he was getting behind and he only believed he could stall a few rounds. I was suprised but also happy to reach he finals. Afterwards he looked at his top cards of the deck and there wasnt coming something good real soon so probably I indeed would have won.

Then the final against the guy from Japan (lives in Japan but is American) and also forgot his name, a real shame, sorry about that). Unfortunately the game was over real quick. Got out a Titg first turn and had Stalking hound, Thing from Nightamre and Dr Carson treatment in hand. Nice hand but when I used Titg, my opponent didnt drew any character so no stalking hound and Thing from Nightmare in play, but even worse I drew one event and 1 Dr carson (Unique) which I already had in my starting hand, so no ancients ones for me in first round. Furthermore also no use for Dr carsons treatment either. Then it just got more ugly fast. My opponent drew two Kopesh and had lots of characters out with toughness. So he cleaned the board on my side rather quickly. Also he got his descendant out. I had some "come with us" but they were not usefull as all his insane characters where cheap characters with no toughness. A 0-3 loss.

Had a very nice day and want to thank organisation, Damien and Stavros.

#13 FredhoT

FredhoT

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:10 PM

Just to say that Graham Hill (The Rip off) is the 2011 European champion.

We were 26 players!

Grats to him and to all the participants for all the fun.

#14 Darkman

Darkman

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:54 AM

thanks for mentioning the name of the winner of the european championship 2011, can't edit my post, so the embarassing fact that i didnt know his name is there to stay. I was told he won the tournament two times before so i googled for former championships but couldnt find anything.

Just realised I didnt mention my deck. Its tri faction MU/Hastur/Yog and uses Titg along with Stalking Hound, Thing from Nightmare, Dr carson, Arkham Asylum, Arkham Asylum and some ancient ones like Hastur, Cthuhga, Atlach Nacha and Glaaki. Museum Curator is also in there to find Titg and Guardian of the key to protect it.

#15 Loprw

Loprw

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:29 AM

Congratulations to the champion and subchampion of Europe!!!

It's a pleasure that here in Europe the CoC players are moving a little. I hope that in a few days we can have the stadistics of the event, as well as some of the top 8 decks. The question now is... what card will make the European Champion?? hehehe

#16 Konx

Konx

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:36 AM

Congratulations to the champion and to Vincent for the good positioning!

I had a lot of fun...hope to see you soon guys :)

Francesco/Konx

#17 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

My congratulations to Graham, Darkman, and Konx - the top three players of this year's European Championship!

This was only my second tournament after last year's Stahleck and basically the first where I had the time to actually prepare a deck!  I ended up 9th place, which was a little annoying; but ultimately I was quite content with the result, considering my lack of experience.

After making some last-minute changes I ended up playing a Miskatonic/Cthulhu deck featuring a couple of select cards from Hastur (Infernal Obsession, Guzheng) and Shub-Niggurath (Snow Graves). It was centered on using the Museum Curator to get out Khopeshs and other nasty Support cards to run for mostly undefended stories. My restricted card was the Descendant of Eibon.

Darkman already reported about our first game of the tournament which was absolutely nerve-wrecking for me! I was probably lucky we ran out of time since he had just managed to get a Cthuga into play and was ahead by two sucess tokens at every story.

My second game against a Hastur/Yog discard deck was an easy 3:0 win (at least partly due to bad luck of my opponent not drawing enough characters).

I lost the third game 1:3 against a Cthulhu/Yog deck (with a splash of Shub for Support destruction). I didn't really get a leg down against him, as he destroyed my Descendant three or four times in a row using a Deep One Rising with two Doppelgänger buddies.

The fourth game against Prodigee's Cthulhu deck ended 3:1 in my favour. As in every game I made plenty of mistakes but managed to draw all the required counters just in time.

I had a really great time at Liège and mostly regret not getting to play against many of the very interesting and varied decks that were brought by the players. I'm really looking forward to the next opportunity to play at a tournament and would like to thank Wolfgang for driving us Germans over to Liège, Gaetan for being our gracious host, and everyone who helped organizing and running the Tournament!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS