My models

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Necross

Necross

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:53 AM

For some reason, it won't let me edit my old post so I figured I'd just make a new one for all my models instead of being all cluttery 1 post for each unit. Starting with my Axis models, here's my Luther from before

http://www.fantasyfl...=1&efidt=516274

And here's the Recon Grenadiers I just finished :)

Next I'm gonna do my Battle Grenadiers :)

#2 Hanomag

Hanomag

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:22 AM

Very nice and clean.  Keep the pics coming.

-Jeff

#3 Moiterei_1984

Moiterei_1984

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:28 AM

Nice, but I don´t really like the red tips of the Panzerfäuste.

#4 Necross

Necross

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

Thanks :) but yeah I wasn't sold on the red tips at first but now that they're done I don't feel like changing it. I thought it would be good to get some color in there and the red could mean "don't point at face when cleaning". I was also thinking of a red stripe along the bottom of their coats but decided not to.

#5 Moiterei_1984

Moiterei_1984

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:12 AM

Necross said:

[...]  and the red could mean "don't point at face when cleaning". [...]

You really made my day!

#6 DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:33 AM

Models look good but I have to agree that I dont really like the red tips on the fausts-besides the other end would be much worse for you if it went off while cleaning . Maybe go for a desrt yellow or a green shade to get some color on the mini. Good shading and highlights.

#7 Kampfgruppe Cottrell

Kampfgruppe Cottrell

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:41 AM

Great paint,

Brian

#8 Necross

Necross

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:48 AM

Thanks :) I guess I could go with a greenish color for the big weapons like on the unit card, but I was planning to do that with my allies. They're going to be primer green armor and desert yellowish cloth.

#9 traderghost

traderghost

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:45 PM

Wow, your recon grenadiers look very dark and menacing and I like it! I bet if I used that against my opponents, it will scare them into submission   Necross, you should post a copy of your pic in the "Painting Techniques" sub-forum so that it adds to the collection of all the wonderful works of the users here, as well as allow people to easily search and locate your beautiful work 

#10 [So]Rice

[So]Rice

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:31 AM

Very nice! Go paint your Allies now too.

#11 Necross

Necross

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:06 AM

I'll get to the allies soon. I figured I'd do all the axis models first :)

#12 Grand Inquisitor Fulminarex

Grand Inquisitor Fulminarex

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:48 PM

I LIKE THEM. PLEASE SEND ME A LIST OF COLORS YOUR USED AND TECHNIQUES.

I WANT TO PAINT MINE BASED ON THE DUST SITES COLORS, THE WINTER PEADOT, AND YOUR IDEAS MIGHT HELP.

THANKS

T

#13 Necross

Necross

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

For these models, I kept the original primer color for the armor. The clothing or lighter camo parts on the walker are GW Fortress Gray. The guns are painted black with a very light drybrush of GW Boltgun Metal. I covered the whole thing with GW Badab Black wash, then when the wash was dry, I did a drybrush of GW Space Wolf Grey for the highlights.. and that was pretty much it :)

I'm going to do a similar technique for my allies, but with desert yellow for the clothing and a drybrush of rotting flesh for highlights.

#14 Necross

Necross

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:15 PM

And here's my Battle Grenadiers :)

I think I'm gonna do my other Axis walker next :)

#15 riftsinger

riftsinger

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:25 PM

very nice ? did you use army painter dip for shading ?

#16 Necross

Necross

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

Nope, just straight GW Badab Black wash, and a little devlan mud on the knees down to make the bottoms of the pants look a little dirtier.

#17 Necross

Necross

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:59 PM

And here's my Laser Grenadiers :)

Also Sigrid is there. She reminded me how much I suck at painting faces. I just can't do eyes right no matter how hard I try :(

I have my Ludwig to do still, but I ordered the decals from dust-models.com for it and they haven't come yet, so I guess I'll move on to some Allied troops next.

#18 Grand Inquisitor Fulminarex

Grand Inquisitor Fulminarex

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

Just do her face in flesh tone and shade it. I would not worry about red lipstick or all that eye detail. I have not tried to do her face yet, so it might be a challenge.

#19 riftsinger

riftsinger

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:55 PM

again nice stuff only hope mine come out so well when i get round to doing them

#20 Necross

Necross

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:57 PM

yeah my pics are a little light. I did her face with a base coat of GW Tallarn Flesh, then a wash of Ogryn Flesh, then Elf Flesh for highlights.

I dunno how the heck the pros paint eyes.. I even have a magnifying glass light thingy, and a super thin brush and it's always thicker than the eyeballs. Then I go back around the eye with flesh color and it all just ends up looking like a big mess. Been painting 20 years, still never got it right :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS