"The Ceremony" Event Card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Nocturne

Dr. Nocturne

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:52 PM

Just got the expansion in today and can't wait to try it out. Just one question. I was reading "The Ceremony" event card (IV) and was a tad confused. It reads: "Each investigator may choose to let the keeper gain 2 threat in order move up to 3 spaces, following normal movement rules."

Now I assume this just means that in order to make their normal movement as in any other turn investigators must pay 2 threat each or may choose to NOT MOVE THAT TURN AT ALL. Correct? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for looking and happy horrific gaming!

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:02 PM

Events are drawn during the Keeper turn, so generally investigators won't be moving during that turn at all. With this Event, they can give the Keeper 2 Threat and move 3 spaces, better positioned for their own turns right after the Keeper's turn. IIRC, Event IV is also the one that reveals the Objective, so depending on their needs, those 3 spaces might come in very handy.

Whether an investigator chooses to give the Keeper 2 Threat and move 3 or not give the Threat, there is no carry-over effect for the investigator's turn.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 Dr. Nocturne

Dr. Nocturne

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:19 AM

Ah now it makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS