Signs in the Stars spoiler

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 grille

grille

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:50 PM

Since nobody already did it I'll give you a preview at the new Cards from Signs in the Stars. I try to summarize the texts in how they are intended to work since I can't translate them exactly anyway. I think somebody will give a complete spoiler list as soon as it is released in english. Enjoy:

Dwarfes: Wounded Scout is a 3D unit 1P, 2HP and has an action that let's you sacrifice a development for dealing 1 dmg to an attacking unit. The Gyrocopter attachment was already previewed and let's your dwarf unit attack from any zone. Forge of Karak Azul is a 4DD  2P building and has a constant effect: your units with at least 1 attachment get toughness 1.

Empire: Luthor Huss is a 3EE hero with 1P, 3HP and grants every unit in the same zone counterstrike 1 (constant effect). There is also a 2E unit (Knights of the inner circle I guess) with 1P and 3HP with Knight trait. Ambush is a 0EEE tactic that let's play a unit everytime you could take an action like Gryphon Legionaire effect.

High Elves: Guardian of the Tower (?) 5HH unit, 3P, 4HP can redirect the first 2 points of damage dealt to this unit each turn to target unit in any corresponding zone. Shield of Saphery 1HH spell protects a HE unit from any opponents card effects and Comet of Casandor was already previewed by ffg.

Orcs: There are Squig Hopper and another goblin unit 2O, 1P, 2HP that reveals the top card while attacking for an odd number of cost and deals 2 dmg to one capital zone (if the number is even then you have to deal 2 dmg to one of your zones). They also got a 0 OO quest that has the same text as Orc Shaman.

Dark Elves: Beastmaster Rakarth 3DD, 2P, 2HP hero has an attacking action: pick one card from opponents hand and place it down as a development in the defending zone. Furious Manticor is a 6DDD, 3P, 5HP unit that gets 3P while attacking if the defending zone has at least 3 developments in it. There is also a 0DD attachment that discards the top card from any player and gets 1P if that card is a unit.

Chaos: There are just Masque of Slaanesh and Juggernaught of Khorne and nothing else.

Neutral: 2 cost undead spell that reduces x-HP while x is the number of undead units in your discard pile. Woodelves get a 3 cost building that has the jade acolyte effect while the zone is attacked for one development in the same zone. And finally another hero this time for woodelf: Drycha 4 cost, 2P, 3HP has an attacking action to pay 2 resources and getting hammers equal to the number of developments in this zone.

#2 Severance

Severance

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:52 AM

Polish visual spoiler javascript:void(0);/*1309362755697*/

#3 f7eleven

f7eleven

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:26 AM

Wow, this looks like THE worst BP since the corruption cycle.

#4 Primus_Magicus

Primus_Magicus

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:58 AM

f7eleven said:

Why? As for card powers or the artwork?

I like the furious manticore and gyrocopter powers.

#5 Curator

Curator

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:05 AM

f7eleven said:

I disagree.

I actually love all the art for this BP. That elf art for the comet and the sword master is amazing.  True it's not THE best art, but it certainly isn't THE worse art I have seen. I also didn't mind the art in the corruption cycle. The card borders appear to be unchanged.

#6 grille

grille

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:11 AM

I guess f7eleven doesn't mean the artworks as they are really good as you already said. It's more a matter of cards since there seems to be no really outstanding cards. There is no real boost to already established decktypes but new subthemes. I can live with that because legends expansion already gave a huge impact in a lot of decks. Though the competition players don't yield from visit decks, our small playgroup here thinks that the difference in strength between the factions isn't that big as it was.

#7 Curator

Curator

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:27 PM

grille said:

I guess f7eleven doesn't mean the artworks as they are really good as you already said. It's more a matter of cards since there seems to be no really outstanding cards. There is no real boost to already established decktypes but new subthemes. I can live with that because legends expansion already gave a huge impact in a lot of decks. Though the competition players don't yield from visit decks, our small playgroup here thinks that the difference in strength between the factions isn't that big as it was.

I know what he was saying. I just saw the opportunity to have fun with him. I could have actually said what was on my mind....

#8 Kragg

Kragg

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:26 PM

grille said:

I do strongly agree with Grille and f7. Imho the only good card in this BP is the elfish iron discipline. Dwarf attachment theme and goblin's theme wont see that much playing in competitive game. In my meta there are ppl rly enjoying the Comet of Cassandora, instead I find it less powerfull than the indirect dmg spell which came out from Legend.

Maybe juggernaut could be seen as a good add to the chaos cards pool, but the others cards inside this BP aren't rly that amazing. I'm looking forward the 5th BP with the spell cicle and the other good cards spoilered on the website.

#9 Curator

Curator

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:05 AM

Kragg said:

grille said:

I do strongly agree with Grille and f7. Imho the only good card in this BP is the elfish iron discipline. Dwarf attachment theme and goblin's theme wont see that much playing in competitive game. In my meta there are ppl rly enjoying the Comet of Cassandora, instead I find it less powerfull than the indirect dmg spell which came out from Legend.

Maybe juggernaut could be seen as a good add to the chaos cards pool, but the others cards inside this BP aren't rly that amazing. I'm looking forward the 5th BP with the spell cicle and the other good cards spoilered on the website.

True. But in a "May the best Deck Win" themed game those Gobos would be great for a Greenskin Animosity War tourney.

You just have to challenge yourself into making a deck that uses a majority of odd numbered costing cards.

#10 Curator

Curator

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:14 AM

Severance said:

Polish language sounds really badass. I loved the Hussar cavalry units too.

#11 Kragg

Kragg

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:45 AM

Curator said:

True. But in a "May the best Deck Win" themed game those Gobos would be great for a Greenskin Animosity War tourney.

You just have to challenge yourself into making a deck that uses a majority of odd numbered costing cards.

what's that? never heard about it.

#12 jogo

jogo

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:09 AM

I really like the new DE hero. He most not survive to steal a card.

#13 f7eleven

f7eleven

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:20 AM

Yeah, the DE hero is solid, and the HE Iron Discipline could be if HE's get a little better.

I guess the best cards contributing to the two worst factions isn't such a bad thing.  And of course I still get every pack regardless of what's in it.

#14 Kragg

Kragg

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:09 AM

f7eleven said:

Yeah, the DE hero is solid, and the HE Iron Discipline could be if HE's get a little better.

I guess the best cards contributing to the two worst factions isn't such a bad thing.  And of course I still get every pack regardless of what's in it.

that's the best choice. no1 knows if cards that today gonna be crap, tomorrow gonna be OP. 

#15 Curator

Curator

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:21 AM

Kragg said:

f7eleven said:

that's the best choice. no1 knows if cards that today gonna be crap, tomorrow gonna be OP. 

I agree. It was like the people at my store asking me how many cavalry units the dark elves have at the moment when looking at the preview for a card coming out next cycle. I pointed out what matters is how many dark elf cavalry come out between now and that battle pack.

#16 DaRKeR

DaRKeR

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:28 AM

Curator said:

Severance said:

Polish language sounds really badass. I loved the Hussar cavalry units too.

Thanks, maybe in some time we will try to make such spoilers in English. But we will see in future how it goes. :)

#17 Mallumo

Mallumo

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:40 AM

grille said:

Dark Elves: Beastmaster Rakarth 3DD, 2P, 2HP hero has an attacking action: pick one card from opponents hand and place it down as a development in the defending zone.

Is that a "discard" effect? I haven't been able to see the English card text yet.

#18 f7eleven

f7eleven

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:22 AM

actions that trigger upon "discard" do not trigger off the new DE Hero's action, as no, it is not a discard effect.  though he still fits nicely into a discard deck.

#19 Budmilka_fr

Budmilka_fr

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:23 AM

“Signs of The Stars” is available in France, and since I haven’t seen any topics about that, I’ll post my cards. Keep in mind though that it is only my french/english translation, and maybe the titles won’t be quite right, and the textbox might differ in the original version (same case as “Protective Spites” is possible).

DWARFS:

Units:

Surrounded Scout

Ranger

Cost: 3D

Hammer: 1

HP: 2

Action: Sacrifice a developpment to deal 1 damage to target attacking unit.

Supports:

Karak Azul’s Forge

Building

Cost: 4DD

Hammer : 2

Each unit you control with at least 1 Attachment support card on it gains Toughness 1.

Gyrocopter

Attachment. War Machine

Cost: 2DD

Attach to a target dwarf unit you control..

Attached unit may attack from any zone.

EMPIRE:

Units:

(Unique)Luthor Huss

Hero. Warrior. Priset

Cost: 3EE

PV: 3

Limit One hero per zone.

Each Unit in this zone gains Counterstrike 1.

Knight of the inner circle

Knight

Cost: 2E

Tactics:

In Ambush

Cost: 0EEE

Action: Play a unit from your hand (by paying all costs)

High Elf:

Units:

Lord of Blades

Warrior. Elite

Cost: 5HH

Hammer: 3

PV: 4

Redirect the first 2 damage dealt every turn to this unit to another unit in any corresponding zone.

Supports:

Casandora’s Comet

Spell

Cost: 2HHH

Action : Reveal the top 2 cards from your deck. Deal X indirect damage to each player. X is the total printed cost of the cards thus revealed. Then, put those 2 cards on the bottom of your deck.

Saphery’s shield

Spell

Cost: 1HH

Action : Target High elf unit you control cannot be targeted by opponent’s card effects until the end of the turn.

ORC:

Units:

Squig Riders

Goblin. Warrior

Cost: 3OO

This unit gains 1 hammer as long as you control another goblin unit.

Sneaking Moron

Goblin

Cost: 2O

PV: 2

Action : When this unit attacks, reveal the top card of your deck. If printed cost of the card thus revealed is odd, deal 2 damage to target capital. Else, deal 2 damage to your capital. Then, shuffle your deck.

Quest:

Dreamz of Konquer

Cost: 0OO

Action: When you play a developpment from your hand, put a ressource token on this card if a unit is questiong here.

Action : Discard X ressource token on this card to move X damage from your capital to target unit you control.

CHAOS:

Units:

(Unique) Mask of Slaanesh

Hero

Cost: 4CC

Hammer: 2

Limit one hero per zone

Action: At the beginning of your turn, each player name a unit. Corrupt all copies of named units.

Juggernaut of Khorne

Creature

Cost: 6CCC

Action: When this unit attacks, sacrifice X developpment to look at the top 5 cards of your deck a unit with printed cost of X or lower and put it in your battlefield zone, attacking. Then shuffle your deck.

DARK ELVES:

Units:

(Unique) Rakarth, Beastmaster

Hero

Cost:32DD

Hammer: 2

PV: 2

Limit one hero per zone

Action: When this unit attacks, randomly take a card from defending opponent’s hand and put it facedown as a developpment in the defending zone.

Rabid Manticore

Creature

Cost: 6DDD

PV: 5

When this unit attacks, it gains 3 hammers if there is at least 3 developpments in the defending zone.

Support:

Sorceress concoction

Cost: 0DD

Attachment

Attach this card to target unit you control.

Action: When attached unit attacks, discard the top card of target player. If the discarded card is a unit, atatched unit gains 1 hammer until the end of the turn.

NEUTRAL:

Unit:

(Unique) Drycha

Hero. Wood elf. Spirit forest

Cost: 4

Hammers: 2

Order Only. Limit one hero per zone

Action : When this unit attacks, spend 2 ressources to give itas much power as the number of developpments in this zone until the end of turn.

Support:

Sacred Glade

Wood elf. Location

Order Only.

Action : When thius zone is attacked, target developpment in this zone becomes a unit with 1 hammer and 2 HP until the end of turn. It still counts as a developpment.

Tactic :

Gruesome Dance

Cost: 2

Undead. Spell

Destruction only.

Action: Target unit has -1 HP until the end of turn for each Undead unit in your discard pile.

#20 painnen

painnen

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:58 PM

Gruesome Dance looks playable on first glance. The others are all a mixed bag of /meh.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS