Storage solution

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Pusherman

Pusherman

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:31 AM

I thought I would share my storage solution for Talisman and all its current expansions as it may be of use to someone.

All the boxes are 'Really Useful' boxes and can be bought for about £20-25 in total. I got mine from Hobbycraft

11 litre XL (x1)

1.5 litre (x1)

0.3 litre (x8)

0.07 litre (x6)

Basically all the instructions go in the bottom of the box, all the adventure cards go in the 1.5 litre box, then the other cards go in the 0.3 litre boxes (The Highland, The Dungeon, Spells, Warlock Quests, Purchase/Treasure cards and Talisman/Warlock Rewards).

Miniatures go in the other two 0.3 litre boxes and Strength/Craft/Life/Gold/Fate/Dice go in the 0.07 litre boxes.

The gameboards go on top of these then you can put the lid on, there you go all nicely packed and still room left for expansion.

Make sure it is the 11 litre XL box as the normal 11 litre one you can't get the boards on top and shut it.

Chris

#2 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:01 AM

Nice solution!

I have been championing "Really Useful Boxes" since I found them, but prefer to stick with the original box (or boxes) to store them in.

I have been looking at the 1.5 litre boxes for Adventure cards as I still have mine in 2 (or 3 sleeved) smaller ones. I am still to make my mind up on sleeving and to see if they might be rather unwieldy in the larger box.

I suspect though that after the Dragon is here and subsequent expansions arrive, I will need rather more room anyway, so may go for a new box approach like you have.

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#3 danjr

danjr

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:54 AM

I just hope the dragon expansion isn't going to overwhelm the briefcase I've been using to store all the current editions.  I think it will still work but those 300 cards might almost top out the room allotted for cards.

#4 Daefaroth

Daefaroth

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:02 PM

I went with the Really Useful Boxes as well.  For those of us on the USA side of the pond, I got all of mine at Office Depot.  I got a bunch of different colors so that I can tell at a glance what is in each box.

#5 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

Very nice set up.  I use some of the smaller boxes around the house.  Have never seen the long narrow one you're using for the Adventure deck.  Might be a bit much with set out on the board, but that's one I do have to take a look at.  Too bad my local Office Depot is tiny and lame... will have to look online.

#6 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:06 PM

I have ordered the 0.07 Litre boxes in Transparent red, blue, orange, yellow, green & purple for my cones (as some people might know I use orange cones for fate, yellow cones for gold & purple cones for experience for defeating creatures other than Enemies).

Ell.

#7 skolo

skolo

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:01 PM

will it be enough to store Dragon exp as well in your box Pusherman? I can see that online order in Europe/NL is working for this here: www.boxenvankees.nl

Can anyone suggest this solution for Warhammer 3rd RPG (if anyone from here plays it)

cheers!

#8 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:05 AM

talismanamsilat said:

(as some people might know I use ...purple cones for experience for defeating creatures other than Enemies).

As a quick off-topic, do you designate them for Strength and Craft, or are they free to be used either way, as in 3E?

#9 Pusherman

Pusherman

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:59 AM

There is plenty of room for more cards in the 0.3 litre boxes, or tokens as you can fit in quite a few more of the 0.07 litre boxes. There is also room for the Dragon board to go on top as well.

#10 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:10 AM

JCHendee said:

talismanamsilat said:

(as some people might know I use ...purple cones for experience for defeating creatures other than Enemies).

As a quick off-topic, do you designate them for Strength and Craft, or are they free to be used either way, as in 3E?

They are designated Strength and Craft according to what you defeated them on. If you defeat the Farmer (Strength 3), you get 3 cones which you place with your Strength trophies (or next to your Strength cones if you have no trophies of that type). Purple cones cannot be split apart, as each creature has its own amount of cones!

Ell.

#11 skolo

skolo

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:32 AM

nice. need to order a package :D

#12 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

talismanamsilat said:

They are designated Strength and Craft ... Purple cones cannot be split apart, as each creature has its own amount of cones!

Got it... the tournament report makes more sense now, too.

#13 S3v3n11

S3v3n11

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:48 AM

They have a USA site as well.

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/usa/html/onlineshop/goshopping.php

#14 S3v3n11

S3v3n11

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:35 AM

Just wanted to thank you for this tip.  Just got my boxes today.

Anyone using these boxes for other games?  If so which games and which boxes are you using??

#15 skolo

skolo

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:02 AM

I just ordered box for Warhammer 3ed Role Play. Waiting for it so I will post my photos in a week.

So far, storage solution for Talisman presented by @talismanamsilat@ is my storage solution as well. Same combination.
You even have one 0.3l box free for future solutions

#16 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

All 3 full copies of my Talisman are now packed nicely in really useful boxes ready for UK Games Expo!

Ell.

#17 allawi

allawi

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

Hi guys,

I know a lot of people are looking for alternative storage solutions as the Talisman original boxes suck (art work etc is flawless, but for storage and carrying around to friends house they're awful). 

So I wanted to share with you my new storage solution, I can fit the whole Talisman 4th edition along with all expansions (all the big ones and the small ones to date) and with some room to spare for further expansions!

These kind of suitcases can be found in most shops that sell System Cameras as they are meant to store expensive equipment there. The suitcase is shock-resistant and made of sturdy materials on the outside but has a soft foam-like interior that are modular so you can shape it anyway you like. I really like this solutions cause its cheap and easy to transport and can take a beating so to speak without damaging my precious boardgames. The suitcase cost me about 20 USD. 

#18 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:40 AM

Interesting option, Allawi. I like the internal adaptability therein.  I don't haul my games around, so it's probably not for me, and I prefer separate component/deck based storage that works tableside as well.  Still, this is a neat notion I've never seen before.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS