Photo

Terror level reaching 10 and the outskirts!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 diablo666

diablo666

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:39 AM

Hello,fellow Arkham Horror fans!!

I was just wondering if anyone knows what happens when the terror level reaches 10 and there are monsters currently in the outskirts?? What happens to those monsters??

We looked through the rules and the FAQ but could not find anything.

Any answers are greatly appreciated.

#2 lishai

lishai

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:03 AM

I think you should remove them to the cup

#3 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:07 AM

There's no more monster limit, so you might as well remove the Outskirts as well. I'd put them back in the cup.

#4 ColtsFan76

ColtsFan76

Rules Guru

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:14 AM

Kevin answered that they should go back to the cup.    The Outskirts is not meant to "trap" monsters in there.

#5 diablo666

diablo666

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:33 AM

Thats good to hear because we put the monsters in the outskirts back into the cup.

Sounds like we did the right thing.

Thanks for the replies.Much appreciated.

#6 geristor

geristor

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:12 AM

one thing i would consider is that if the terror lvl reached 10 from a monster surge any extra monsters above those need to get the terror lvl to 10 where put in play.  (ie 3 player game,  terror lvl 9, a 5 outskirts limit, 4 monsters in the outskirts, 6 in play. a surge ocurrs for 4 monsters from the cup. 1 goes to outskirts outskirts is emptied raising terror lvl to 10, and then the remaining 3 monsters placed in play as normal).

though i can easily see the point of emptying the outskirts from card effects that raise the terror lvl.

#7 thorgrim

thorgrim

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:26 AM

geristor said:

one thing i would consider is that if the terror lvl reached 10 from a monster surge any extra monsters above those need to get the terror lvl to 10 where put in play.  (ie 3 player game,  terror lvl 9, a 5 outskirts limit, 4 monsters in the outskirts, 6 in play. a surge ocurrs for 4 monsters from the cup. 1 goes to outskirts outskirts is emptied raising terror lvl to 10, and then the remaining 3 monsters placed in play as normal).

though i can easily see the point of emptying the outskirts from card effects that raise the terror lvl.

You mean two go to the Outskirts to exceed the limit, the other two enter play, right? Remember, Outskirts only empties when the limit is exceeded, not when it is equalled.

#8 Osaka

Osaka

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:39 AM

As soon as the outskirts' limit is exceeded, the monsters go back to the cup, and the terror level goes up.  So any monsters still left to draw from the cup (say, if the terror level went up on your third monster of five during a surge) would then show up in Arkham.

In other words, when the terror level is 10, this should be a non-issue, because the monsters that WERE in the outskirts go back to the cup when the terror level rises (as normal) and from then on, there's no monster limit, so no new monsters go into the outskirts.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS