Helo/Kara/Sharon OPG vs.Cylon drawn crisis cards? and destiny deck Q

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hancelanson

hancelanson

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:34 AM

If a revealed cylon player activates the location (I believe it's the "Human Fleet") where the cylon draws two crisis cards and choses one to resolve are those crises subject to the OPG of Helo, Kara, or Sharon? I could understand Helo's "Moral Compass" not being applicable because it could be understood as affecting the Cylon player which isn't allowed by the rules, however Kara's bounce a crisis ability and Sharon's automatic resolve more directly effect the crisis itself so can they be used?

Also if a skill check crisis is drawn and the humans simply decide to not attempt a pass should two destiny cards still be played towards that check? It would seem that the human player choosing to fail the skill check is the same as the humans not playing any cards into that check but wouldn't destiny still play it's two cards in that scenario? 

#2 Anacreon

Anacreon

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:36 AM

I believe you are referring to the "Caprica" location.  The answer is that any player's OPG that is relevant to a crisis card can be used - Sharon can auto-resolve it, Kara can bounce it, and Helo can affect the choice made.  However, they cannot affect SUPER crises.

As for the humans deciding to fail a skill check, YES, destiny cards are still thrown in an the check resolved.  In fact, this is a great time for a revealed cylon to toss in an "iron Will" card (from the Pegasus expansion) and try to lose the humans a morale when they score 0 or less.

#3 hancelanson

hancelanson

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:37 PM

I knew it was either Human Fleet or Caprica, thanks for the clarification.  

If the player using Starbuck decides to bounce the cylons crisis card in what way is the new one put into play?

would it be:

1. Cylone player activates area drawing cards A and B cylon chooses card A for the humans to resolve

2. Kara OPG

3. Cylon player draws crisis C and it is automatically put into play or Cylon player draws crisis C and decides to either play card B or card C or does the cylon player draw 2 new crisis cards (say C and D) and chooses which to have the humans resolve? 

#4 Anacreon

Anacreon

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:43 PM

I believe it's simply the cylon draws the third card (card C).  This is what makes Kara's one of the strongest OPGs. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS