Card organization and storage

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Twellen

Twellen

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:38 AM

A friend of mine wrote a blog post about organizing and storing cards for the collectible card games he plays http://obliquedivers...ion-is-how-big/. Which made me think, one of the things I really like about Living Card Games is not accumulating and having to store excessive copies of cards. But I am currious, not having this challenge do you choose to store/organize your cards for Living Card Game any differently that you would for cards for a Collectible Card Game?

#2 Lasair

Lasair

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:28 AM

Well, my system is pretty similar to the "today" version in the blog, I use one binder for each party.

By the way, I really liked the app idea in the blog, though I do not have any iPhone/Pad/whatever. As it was said already in other threads, a software keeping track of all your cards and the possibility to create and test decks there sounds nice.

#3 Svenn

Svenn

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:52 AM

After having just picked up both the Warhammer: Invasion LCG and all of it's expansions and the Lord of the Rings LCG I realized I need a good storage system. While looking around I happened across the BCW Storage Boxes. Anyone ever used these? I was always a fan of the good ole cardboard storage boxes back in my CCG days.

I figure something like this will hold all the cards I could buy for years, and I could use some dividers for keeping everything separate. I've also got a nesting deck box for carrying around just a single deck.

#4 Svenn

Svenn

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:19 AM

I decided that instead of buying a box, I was going to make my own. I just took an old shipping box I had laying around and cut out some pieces to make compartments for inside the actual Core Box for Warhammer: Invasion. It works really well!

Card Box

#5 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:23 AM

I recently looked into this and decided the binder method was the best solution.

I'd love to use some sort of iPhone deck builder/collection tracker software but all I've been able to find is programs for Magic specifically, none of them appear to be able to support other games.  If I'm wrong and I missed something - please point it out!

#6 Voidy

Voidy

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:49 AM

hey
I myelf do use the 3 ring binders to store my cards. And i developed a system for me that i really like. on my previous ccg's/tcg's the cards where all over the place and i never took the effort to sort them witch is ofc a dumb thing to do, so with this new and very AWESOME game i took control right from the beginning i bought a 3 ring binder the ultra-pro 9 pocket pages and ALOT of sleeves.

the system im using at the moment is i sleeved all the cards before i put them into the binder i had different color sleeves for each house
Baratheon = Green
Stark = White
Lannister = Yellow 
Targaryen = Red
Martell = Orange
Greyjoy = Blue

all the neutral cards like some agenda's events and non house specific characters i sleeved in black sleeves plot cards i sleeved in clear sleeves no color (unless the plot is only usable in a specific house the its sleeved in that color ofc.)

here is a link to some photo's that i made of the cards (dont mind the quality of the cards there in mint condition they are in sleeves that are matte (the clear part) so they are not shinny witch i think is a lot more pleasent to look at however that is not the case for martell and lannister and plots since they are not yet available in a matte color (Yellow and Orange and the clear ones)

javascript:void(0);/*1312048135869*/ 

#7 kuffdaddy

kuffdaddy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:50 AM

I bought some foam core and made my own that fits right into the starter box my LOTR one is fantastic but I am reworking my W:I it just doesn't work well with the cards I have.  Think I am going to have to by a second copy someday and make an Order box and a Destruction box think it will work out nicely

#8 evilidler

evilidler

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

Voidy said:

the system im using at the moment is i sleeved all the cards before i put them into the binder i had different color sleeves for each house 

I'm doing the same for AGoT, and sort of the same for W:I, with dark elf decks getting black sleeves for necromancy decks. The blue FFG sleeves look sort of purplish to me, so they work for regular ones.

Where did you find orange sleeves, and do they fit well? I'd like orange and grey ones. And a lot of other colours. Right now all my local gaming store has are some UltraPro coloured ones that fit well, but the choices are blue and pink!

#9 Voidy

Voidy

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:59 AM

there are orange ultra pro sleeves (also in the new (better fitting) size) ask the store owner if they can order them. im not sure but i think there are no grey sleeves from ultra pro.

#10 evilidler

evilidler

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:35 PM

Cheers, I'll ask the various stores to stock up on odd colours :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS