Question about skill cards and revealed Cylons

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Der1

Der1

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:51 AM

Hey everyone, I am new to the game.  My friends and I played our first game last night.  One thing I was unclear on was when you are a revealed Cylon and you go to the Resurrection Ship, how many skill cards can that player then draw on their turn? 

I had watched something on YouTube that said that you reduce however many cards in your hand down to 3 and that is ALL you get for the rest of the game (unless you're on a different place on the Cylon part of the board, for example).  Then later a friend read somewhere in the rules about Cylons drawing cards. 

So whats up with this?

Thanks for the help and sorry if this is a repost.

#2 Der1

Der1

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:53 AM

Another question.  When you set up the game initially, there are 2 other fleet ships in play behind Galactica.  When you do your first jump, they leave the board (if they had not already been destroyed).  When you land at your new location, do those ships come back on the board?  Or do they stay off?  I know the Cylon ships do not reappear.  Do fleet ships only come back if you draw a combat card from the crisis deck?

Thanks again.

#3 Holy Outlaw

Holy Outlaw

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:49 AM

Hey, Der1.  Hope you had a great first game.  Here's my best try at answers to your questions, but my memory's a little hazy ... it's been a while since I played with just the base game.  The "Resurrection Ship" gets a significant facelift in Pegasus and the process of removing ships for a jump changes with Exodus' cylon fleet module.  So the answers below are true for just the base game:

1) When a cylon reveals, he/she keeps 3 cards, discards the rest, and draws a Super Crisis.  On subsequent turns, the cylon draws two skill cards of any color instead of the full (previously color-restricted) complement of five they drew as a human.

2) Remove all ships when jumping.  Vipers go to the reserves, civies and all cylon ships go back to the pool.  The only way the cylon ships and civies go back down is if a map places them.  

Hope this helps!

#4 Kushiel

Kushiel

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:42 AM

Holy Outlaw said:

1) When a cylon reveals, he/she keeps 3 cards, discards the rest, and draws a Super Crisis.  On subsequent turns, the cylon draws two skill cards of any color instead of the full (previously color-restricted) complement of five they drew as a human.

...though I seem to recall that the Res Ship space itself places a restriction on how many cards players who start their turn there draw, in much the same way that Sickbay does. Like HO, it's been quite a while since I played with the base set, though, so I could be wrong.

#5 James McMurray

James McMurray

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

Kushiel said:

Holy Outlaw said:

...though I seem to recall that the Res Ship space itself places a restriction on how many cards players who start their turn there draw, in much the same way that Sickbay does. Like HO, it's been quite a while since I played with the base set, though, so I could be wrong.

The base set's ressurection ship has no restrictions on it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS