Question for those who preordered MGP.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Patrocles

Patrocles

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:46 AM

I searched online game stores and found that 8 out of 10 had MGP in stock and ready to ship.  Two local game stores in my town have copies of MGP on the shelf for sale.

However, I preordered MGP back in July 2008 and I have not yet received my copy.  When I check the online game store for my preorder it still lists the game as out of stock and available for preorder.

Has anyone who preordered MGP received their copy?  Am I just unlucky to have preordered from an online game retailer who is waaaaaaay down the FFG list for receiving copies of MGP?

Thanks!

#2 Patrocles

Patrocles

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:08 AM

punt!

any responses would be appreciated!

#3 GamerAtom

GamerAtom

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:53 AM

This probably isn't helpful since I am in Canada, But I did receive my pre-order. It was a week later than the local game stores, but i did receive it.

#4 Patrocles

Patrocles

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:01 AM

Hi,

Your reply was helpful.  I looked at 10 U.S.-based OLGS and found that 8 out of 10 had MGP in stock and ready to ship (that would be 9 out of 11 if you also count FFG store)!  I have also seen MGP at two local FLGS.  I sent an email to the OLGS asking for an ETA on my MGP preorder being filledwhere I preordered my game and received a polite response to the affect of, "we should be receiving it soon for shipment to our customers."

I am not in a rush to get MGP, but I was very curious about the delay which seems to be affecting 2 companies that are selling the game for the cheapest price.  Could the delay be due to the FFG price increase?  I preordered the game at $40USD back in June/July 2008 before the price increase and the OLGS has been kind enough to honor the price so i have no reason to complain.

I hope everyone else is enjoying their MGP experience!

#5 GamerAtom

GamerAtom

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:05 PM

I didn't even notice it was you I was replying to Patrocles. Back and forth between here and BGG we go! :) We really should stick to one or the other.

Hopefully you don't have to wait much longer to get MGP. It felt like a really long wait for me. I placed my order in October '08 and just got it last wednesday. I also got it quite a bit cheaper than what it's going for at the FLGS's. I assumed this was because it was pre-ordered.

#6 Patrocles

Patrocles

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:10 AM

GamerAtom said:

I didn't even notice it was you I was replying to Patrocles. Back and forth between here and BGG we go! :) We really should stick to one or the other.

Hopefully you don't have to wait much longer to get MGP. It felt like a really long wait for me. I placed my order in October '08 and just got it last wednesday. I also got it quite a bit cheaper than what it's going for at the FLGS's. I assumed this was because it was pre-ordered.

haha, I cast my net wide to catch the opinions of MGP players! 

Yes, BGG definitely has the bigger MGP audience, so I will likely stick there.

It sounds like you got a good deal, too!  It was nice of the preorders not to increase the price on us! imho

Enough of blabbering!  go have fun with your copy of MGP!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS