Darthvegeta800's semi-competitive deckbuilds

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Darthvegeta800

Darthvegeta800

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:22 AM

So tried out the latest 3 deckbuilds. Slayer deck won each time. Chaos was plastered and my DE too weak.

So I'm putting up here the Slayer deck and a redone Dark Elf deck in need of finetuning. Any feedback is welcome!

On a secondary note. I do love Malekith. For his price he's great.

DARK ELF SNIPING DECK MKI:

Intention: Boost resources early with some developments and support/units. Then each turn develop battlefield to use the abilities of Lokhir, Sorceress and Cold One Chariot.

LEGENDS:

Malekith 3x (autokill and resource/card draw boost)

UNITS:

Lokhir Fellheart 3x (Snipe and keep sniping!)

Bloodcall Sorceress 3x (the constant flow of developments in the battlefield will make her most effective against the high damageoutput decks of my brother)

Cold One Chariot 3x (given the constant placement of developments in the battlefield from turn 3 onwards, this card might become quite effective)

Seasoned Corsair 3x (further sniping to whittle down the enemy HP, hopefully to 0)

Shades 3x (a cheap easily played nuissance)

Vile Sorceress 2x (Sniper in Questzone, don't have a third copy though I ordered the coreset a third time)

Alluring Chosen 3x (cheap filler and potentially adds some extra damage output to the deck)

Walking Sacrifice 3x (mostly just there to create income)

QUESTS:

Offering to Hekarti 3x (combined with Vile Sorceress, there to add some extra sniping)

TACTICS:

Hate 2x (extra income and soon upped to 3 copies)

Burn it Down 3x (my brother has a lot of good support for his beloved dwarves and my battlefield will in time have a lot of developments)

Surprise Assault 3x (in there to hopefully snipe away at his capital if his defences prove too solid)

Lash the Prisoner! 3x (to boost income and abuse the sacrifices)

SUPPORT:

Har Ganeth 3x (2 cost for 1 power is okay and the ability may be useful once in a while)

Contested Village 3x (cheap extra resource)

Warpstone Excavation 3x (speedbump for questing or kingdom zone)

Armoury 3x (in combination with 2 early developments in the Kingdom zone capable of giving good income)

I'll put up the Slayer and revamped Chaos Deck later. In the weekend or during the week.

#2 ivory_tower

ivory_tower

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:43 AM

Looks like you have some nice cohesion working together with developments.  I can't really comment further as I have not played very many games. I'm still trying to get down when/where to build up resources in the opening turns.

#3 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:53 AM

This deck has good synergy, but I think it will take too long to get set up. These would be my changes just to speed it up a bit:

LEGENDS:

Malekith 3x
(autokill and resource/card draw boost)  

UNITS:

Lokhir Fellheart 3x (Snipe and keep sniping!)

Bloodcall Sorceress 3x
(the constant flow of developments in the battlefield will make her most effective against the high damageoutput decks of my brother)

Cold One Chariot 3x
(given the constant placement of developments in the battlefield from turn 3 onwards, this card might become quite effective)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This guy always seems good, but my problem with him is he is more of a mid-late game play since you have to set up enough developments to make his effect worth while. If you think you need someone to absorb damage, Morathi's Pegasus is a better play. No one ever wants to pay the 3 so she is a beast out of the gate.

But she isn't my suggestion, I would play Thief of Essence instead of Cold One Chariot. Her effect goes off when a unit leaves on either side of the board, giving you extra cards to make putting down all those developments easier. Plus she can be played on turn 1.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seasoned Corsair 3x
(further sniping to whittle down the enemy HP, hopefully to 0)

Shades 3x
(a cheap easily played nuissance) 
I love this guy too, but he doesn't fit the theme I would take him out and put in Dwarf Slaves instead to get an extra development down for your other effects.

Vile Sorceress 2x
(Sniper in Questzone, don't have a third copy though I ordered the coreset a third time)

Alluring Chosen 3x
(cheap filler and potentially adds some extra damage output to the deck)

Walking Sacrifice 3x (mostly just there to create income)

QUESTS:

Offering to Hekarti 3x (combined with Vile Sorceress, there to add some extra sniping)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am on the fence with this card. I can see it could be really good, but I am always leery of quests. I might try substituting it with Veteran Sellsword as a cheap sacrifice instead, again should speed things up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TACTICS:

Hate 2x (extra income and soon upped to 3 copies)
For one resource this card isn't worth it, Sacrifice to Khaine will make them destroy another unit, triggering Alluring Chosen and Thief of Essence

Burn it Down 3x (my brother has a lot of good support for his beloved dwarves and my battlefield will in time have a lot of developments)

Surprise Assault 3x (in there to hopefully snipe away at his capital if his defences prove too solid)
Indirect damage is good, but this is a late game card. I would replace it with Dark Visions to speed things up and make it more consistant.

Lash the Prisoner! 3x (to boost income and abuse the sacrifices)

SUPPORT:

Har Ganeth 3x (2 cost for 1 power is okay and the ability may be useful once in a while)
I would play Slave Pen instead. This again will trigger Alluring Chosen and Thief of Essence gaining you a card and a resource next turn.

Contested Village 3x (cheap extra resource)

Warpstone Excavation 3x (speedbump for questing or kingdom zone)

Armoury 3x (in combination with 2 early developments in the Kingdom zone capable of giving good income)

Play LCGs in Louisville KY :: Monthly tournaments at 2 locations!

Wednesdays :: Something2Do :: 6:30PM - 10:00PM

Fridays :: BluegrassMagic GameShop :: 6:30 PM - Midnight

RSVP :: meetup.com/cardboardgamers

#4 Mestrahd

Mestrahd

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:09 AM

Going off memory here, but I don't think Slave Pen triggers Alluring Chosen or Thief of Essence. I thought both of those triggered off opponent's units leaving play...

Other than that, looks like good edits.

#5 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:20 AM

Your right my mistake.  Alluring Chosen triggers off opposing units.

#6 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:22 AM

Thief of Essence 

Action: When one or more units leaves play, draw a card.

I love this card!

#7 Darthvegeta800

Darthvegeta800

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:48 PM

Wow thanks for the extensive feedback! I'm going to check out your suggestions.

Offering to Hekarti and Dwarf Slaves I didn't have apparently. I found out i accidently missed a battlepack and reordered it. I should have them saturday.

In the meantime after some playtesting I had already changed my deck to this:

LEGENDS (3)

Malekith 3x

UNITS (23)

Lokhir Fellheart 3x

Cold One Chariot 3x

Seasoned Corsair 3x

Shades 3x

Thief of Essence 3x

Vile Sorceres 2x

Alluring Chosen 3x

Walking Sacrifice 3x

SUPPORT (14)

Armoury 3x

Har Ganeth 3x

Reaper Bolt Thrower 2x

Contested Village 3x

Warpstone Excavation 3x

QUEST (3)

Sack of Aendris 3x

TACTICS (8)

Bloodburn Poison 3x

Hate 2x

Lash the Prisoner! 3x

TOTAL: 51

For the next posts I'll put up the other decks I have.

#8 Darthvegeta800

Darthvegeta800

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:01 PM

Yesterday I played my 2 first games with an Empire deck. I'm hoping to see more Knight support cards come out in the future (and Bretonnia!) to decently theme it. So far I went for cheap, some mobility and denying easy access to zones due to the threat of countercharge. Like my Dark Elf deck i do find it somewhat lacking in punch but it usually is immediately 'functional' whereas the Dark Elves can't afford loosing that many men too quickly.
Here it is:

LEGEND (3)

Karl Franz 3x

UNIT (23)

Johannes Broheim 2x

Reiksguard Swordsmen 3x

Reiksguard Knights 3x

Vigilant Pistoliers 3x

Warriors of Ulric 3x

The Black Guard 3x

Gryphon Legionnaire 3x

Knights of the Blazing Sun 3x

SUPPORT (14)

Temple of Shallya 2x

Garden of Morr 3x

Contested Stronghold 3x

Church of Sigmar 3x

Battle Standard 3x

TACTIC (12)

Demoralise 3x

Chain Lightning 3x

Innovation 3x

Blessing of Myrmidia 3x

TOTAL: 52

#9 Darthvegeta800

Darthvegeta800

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:23 PM

My brother's Chaos Corruption deck. I love the design. Probably needs finetuning but I've found it nasty particularly against my underused new decks:

LEGEND (2)

Kairos Fateweaver 2x

UNIT (21)

Bule, Lord of Pus 2x

Maledictor of Tzeentch 3x

Bloodsworn 2x

Sorcerer of Tzeentch 3x

Melekh The Changer 2x

Marauder Chieftain 3x

Herald of Change 3x

Festering Nurglings 3x

SUPPORT (16)

Tainted Well 3x

Desecrated Temple 2x

Daemonsword 3x

Shrine to Nurgle 3x

Contested Village 3x

Warpstone Excavation 2x

TACTIC (13)

Flames of Tzeentch 2x

Seductive Delusion 3x

Cloying Quagmire 3x

Seduced by Darkness 3x

Innovation 2x

TOTAL: 52

#10 Darthvegeta800

Darthvegeta800

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:45 PM

And finally my brother's new slayer themed Dwarf deck. It's highly focussed on supportcards and an absolute pain if he gets things going.
Given that I mostly play control decks... their overtowering attack and defence power is terrible to handle sometimes.

LEGEND (1)

Grimbrindal 1x

UNIT (22)

Gurni Thorgrimson 2x

Josef Bugman 2x

Dragonslayer 3x

Serpent Slayer 3x

Long Drong's Pirates 3x

Troll Slayers 3x

Veteran Slayer 3x

Oathbearer 3x

TACTIC (2)

Wake the Mountain 2x

SUPPORT (30)

Anvil of Doom 3x

Treasure Vaults 3x

Great Book of Grudges 3x

Forge 3x

Armoury 3x

Mining Tunnels 3x

Bugman's Tankard 3x

Rune of Resistance 3x

Gromril Armour 3x

Flame Canon 3x

TOTAL: 55

#11 Darthvegeta800

Darthvegeta800

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

The Orc one i'll put up once we have modified it. As it performed very badly.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS