Me and my friends have created some new characters for this game. We have already tried them, and they worked great, but you should use them at once without any of the original cards.
Please comment on them. (Sorry for bad english, I'm from Hungary )
turn- the players own turn
round- that is the whole round, beginning with choosing a character and ending by collection of the money after the barbarian's (or informer's) turn.
action- the part where you choose between the two golds or the district card.
We have also created some so called blessing cards which can be gained by choosing them at the action part of your turn over the 2 gold or the district card at your turn, or by building a district that costs you 1 or 2 golds. These cards can only be used in the next round in the players turn and only once). If you would be interested in what cards we have created i can write some of them down.
So here they are:
1. Traitor - You can prevent someone from his action, or from using his characters ability (which means taxation too), or from building something, or from useing his blessing cards. At your turn you choose which one of these 4 things you will prevent, and you can use them any time in that round. (This means you almost certainly will prevent someone from doing something). You can also get your two money and build a district.
2. Treasurer - The treausurer gets 1 gold from everybody who has more gold than he at the end of the round. The one who has double the gold than the treausurer gives him two golds. However, if the treausurer has only 0, 1 or 2 golds he may only collect one gold. If he has 0 gold, he cannot get money from the player who has only 1 gold. At the end of the round he gets to collect the money first. (This means that the missionary can get a gold from him if the treausurer has the most money.)
3. Illusionist - The illusionist can get a district card thats building cost is 4 or more from the player on his left or right (he chooses). If that player doesn't have any the one next to him gives the illusionist that card and so on. If nobody has such a district card the illusionist gets 2 cards from the deck. If he gets a district card he can build it in his city (but than he cannot build anything else in his turn). If the player next to him has 2 or more of such cards he can choose which one he gives to the illusionist. The illusionist can pick a blessing card from any player instead of a district card.
4. Tyrant - He gets one gold from every yellow districts. If he has 2 or more he gets +1 gold (This means if he has 2 yellow districts he gets 3 gold, if 3 than 4 and so on.) He must relocate the crown, but can not put it on its own head. The player who gets the crown looses his action at the next round.
(If only 2 player are playing he can put the crown in his head but than one of his characters will not have any action)
5. Missionary - He gets one gold from every blue districts. At the end of the round the player with the most gold gives him 1 gold. His buildings can be destroyed for twice the money as it destruction would cost, and he gets 1/4th of this money. If this number is a fraction you make it round up.
(so for example he has a building that's value is 6 the barbarian can destroy this building for 10 gold (6-1=5, 5x2=10), and the missionary gets 3 golds.)
6. Money Launder - He gets one gold from every green district. He gets back half of the cost of the building he builds. (Rounded up)
7. Immigrant - He gets a district card from the deck. If he has 2 district thats values are the same he can build them for the cost of one.
8. Barbarian - He can destroy a players building for one less money than it's value, and he can get that district card in his hand for 1 gold. He gains one gold for every red buildings.
9. Informer - If in that round the crown has been moved he gets 2 actions.
I hope you will like it too. Please comment.