combat with no units?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bigboss017

bigboss017

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:53 AM

can u win a combat wit no units if u are attack? does your army figure is automatically killed if u have no units. also if my oppent has no combat units and i attck his city do i automatically win?

#2 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:02 AM

bigboss017 said:

can u win a combat wit no units if u are attack? does your army figure is automatically killed if u have no units. also if my oppent has no combat units and i attck his city do i automatically win?

A situation that I imagine would come up rarely, if ever. The higest combat value after both sides have placed all their units wins, with ties going to the defender. This means that if two players with no units do battle against eachother the defender would win unless the attacker has, say, a barracks. This is because the barracks give a +2 combat bonus. Thus the attacker would win with 2 against 0.

A city provides at least a +6 combat bonus. That means that the attacker must have at least a +8 combat bonus (two Great Generals for example) to win if neither side has any units.

Pax Magnifica Bellum Gloriosum

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS