The endless investigation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 deadeb

deadeb

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:16 AM

This is my deck, this is just theoretical, because i can't test it against really opponent:

The Red-Gloved Man X3

The Endless Investigation X3

Mad Genius X3

Student Archaelogist X3

Visiting Author X3

Dr. Bartlett X3

Anthropology Advisor X3

Open for Inspection X3

Field Research Station X3

Undercover Security X3

Educated Officer X3

Marshall Freene X3

Cover Up X3

Small Price to Pay X3

G-AAMX X2

Flanking Maneuver X3

Shotgun Blast X3

Tactic is simple: search the endless investigation fast as you can, than investigate it with Bartlett and with open for inspection.

#2 Darkman

Darkman

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:34 PM

It looks like a nice deck what could work. Winning stories in one run is always nice. Also nice combo's like mad genius/student archaelogist with a small price to pay. Which character shall we make insane??

Cards that could also be nice for this deck:

1. The locked door, free conspiracy card with also an extra investigation struggle and giving your character an extra Inv. icon.
  2. Dr. Carson, cheap character with an Inv-icon which could make a quick run for a story and he also has restore ability for mad genius and student archaelogist
  3. `With a fine toothed comb` - an extra Inv. struggle for all stories is just enough for The locked door and The endless investigation to win those stories in one run (if uncontested). A better pick imho then field research station which costs 3 to put it into play and 1 to use it.
  4. Chess prodigy - great misk. character. Benefits from anthropoligy advisor and turns those nasty Terror or combat struggles into a good thing

#3 mantys

mantys

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

Instead of Cover Up I would play Paul Lemond as he is insanely overpowered. And Dr.Carson is a MUST in this type of deck. But otherwise it seems very good. Don't forget to playtest it and tell us results.

#4 deadeb

deadeb

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:28 AM

The result: this deck is slow and not so strong. But i could play against just a Shuby deck (3 games)  with Mind Eater, The Vale of Pnath, Grim Wraith and Grasping Chtonian and they killed my investigation struggle and my support card. And my draw was unlucky too, i draw just 1-2 creature remover card, and my enemy made a big red horde after.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS