Guess I need a part time job...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 arkhamresident

arkhamresident

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:41 AM

First Arkham Horror plus expansions.  Then Mansions of Madness comes out.  Now this!  Anyone know how to win at the lotto? 

The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.

Mark Twain

#2 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:10 PM

It's only going to be $34.99, so not that expensive. My only concern is that the game will play more like "Arkham Light" than a different play experience, like Mansions of Madness. It won't stop me trying it, but may change how frequently I play the game.

#3 sepayne7l

sepayne7l

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

Looks beautiful, as usual. FFG has produced the best Mythos art since their release of Arkham Horror and the Call of Cthulhu card game.

Even if it's a lot like AH, which it probably is not, I'd still get it at the $35 price and the solo play possibilities.

With all the stuff FFG has coming out, I pretty much don't need any other game companies anymore.

#4 Cabello

Cabello

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:14 PM

sepayne7l said:

Looks beautiful, as usual. FFG has produced the best Mythos art since their release of Arkham Horror and the Call of Cthulhu card game.

Even if it's a lot like AH, which it probably is not, I'd still get it at the $35 price and the solo play possibilities.

With all the stuff FFG has coming out, I pretty much don't need any other game companies anymore.

Ill second that sentiment

#5 Trump

Trump

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:21 PM

JerusalemJones said:

It's only going to be $34.99, so not that expensive. My only concern is that the game will play more like "Arkham Light" than a different play experience, like Mansions of Madness. It won't stop me trying it, but may change how frequently I play the game.

AH and MoM never hit the table in my group.  At least this one has a chance.

#6 sepayne7l

sepayne7l

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

I'm glad Harvey is there, too.

I played Harvey in my first Arkham Horror win, so I've got kind of a soft spot for the old fella.

#7 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:26 PM

DICES! 

This is a must-have!

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#8 Maniacske

Maniacske

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:24 PM

Hyped too, especially at this price tag.

#9 Mr. K

Mr. K

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:31 PM

Arrgh! And I thought after 'Curse of the Dark Pharaoh' I was going to be so DONE with obsessively watching the Update page.

To comment, I have no concerns that this will be AH Lite.  Even a brief read of the game description shows that beyond themeatics this is quite a different creature.

K xx

#10 Old Dwarf

Old Dwarf

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:59 AM

Let's see I have one  game on pre order (the latest AH expansion),1 book ,plus I expect to preorder 3 other games when they become available and that's just for FFG(this doesn't include anything else from BoW that may be announced).

No wonder I can't retire

OD

A Dwarf in Winter

#11 Saramund

Saramund

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:59 AM

I'm happy about all this, but I would like to say "IT'S FINISHED! I KNOW I HAVE GOT EVERYTHING" one day.

#12 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:14 PM

doc_cthulhu said:

DICES! 

This is a must-have!

Not to offend but... you mean the game comes with a knife, right?

(one DIE, several DICE...)

Pax Magnifica Bellum Gloriosum

#13 Mugna

Mugna

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:34 AM

I REALLY NEED THIS!!!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS