Kat's Sacrifice OPG Ability

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Obfuscator

Obfuscator

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:21 AM

I've seen lots of discussion about this topic, but no answer to my question.  Target ship(s) gets destroyed - check. Kat goes to sickbay - check. What happens to the Viper?

Since the card doesn't say anything, you could assume:

1. It goes back to the reserves

2. It goes to the damaged reserves

3 It's destroyed.

I could construct lots of arguments as to why any of these are "correct" but which is intended?

#2 Holy Outlaw

Holy Outlaw

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:00 AM

Hopefully someone more resourceful will come along with a properly sourced answer, but it's #1.  Whenever a pilot is magically removed from a ship (like by revealing as a cylon or using Kat's OPG), the ship goes to the reserves.  I seem to remember that the original rulebook was vague or inaccurate on the issue, and the FAQ/errata updated it to this.  Sorry too lazy to do the research right now ...

#3 umboito

umboito

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

I remember it being #1 as well, but like Holy Outlaw I am far too lazy to look it up.

#4 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

Core Rulebook, pg 26:
If a player is sent to “Sickbay” or the “Brig” while piloting a viper, he is moved to the appropriate location, and his viper is returned to the Reserves.

I would normally be too lazy also, but I've been staring at a computer at work for 10 hours straight, so any distraction is welcome.

#5 Holy Outlaw

Holy Outlaw

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:46 PM

Thanks Skowza.  You're alright. 

#6 Obfuscator

Obfuscator

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:24 PM

Thanks for the replies. I should have thought to check for a more general rule in the core book. Perhaps one of my only complaints with the game is that every time I play I have to try to juggle three rulebooks to make sure we're doing things even vaguely correctly.  One "compiled" rules set for all three sets would have some advantages.

#7 ronsen_04

ronsen_04

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:45 PM

Obfuscator said:

Perhaps one of my only complaints with the game is that every time I play I have to try to juggle three rulebooks to make sure we're doing things even vaguely correctly.  One "compiled" rules set for all three sets would have some advantages.

There's nothing holding you back from using the downloadable PDF-rules and compiling them into one booklet by copy&pasting only the sections that you need.

On the other hand, with everyone around here being so incredibly lazy...well, there's your excuse.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS