Any Role Play Potential

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:59 AM

Is Dust a worthy world to adapt to a RPG such as D20 modern/future or BRP?

#2 GRIMACHU

GRIMACHU

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:56 AM

I cobbled together some rules based on the Dust Tactics set. A conversion to GearKrieg (Silhouette) would probably be pretty easy, though I'm not sure it quite 'feels right'.

#3 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:51 AM

Leaning toward using BRP (the Cthulhu rules system, particually looking at Superworld), HERO System or True20/M&M.

#4 GRIMACHU

GRIMACHU

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:19 AM

I think most of those are a little too 'gritty' for pulp action, though M&M could work certainly.

#5 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:55 AM

I think I would go with using Gear Krieg and Wierd Wars Blood on the Rhine as a base for a RPG in Dust but use the core rules from True 20 and advancement from M&M.

#6 Kasatka

Kasatka

• Members
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:20 PM

I'm soon to run a roleplay set in the Dust-verse, but i'm going to use the World of Darkness system because it handles injury and insanity quite well.

Imagine playing a small unit of Allied infantry going up against Untertoten for the first time!

I'll post anything i come up with.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper.

Only those that prosper may truly judge what is sane.

#7 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:37 AM

Kasatka said:

I'm soon to run a roleplay set in the Dust-verse, but i'm going to use the World of Darkness system because it handles injury and insanity quite well.

Imagine playing a small unit of Allied infantry going up against Untertoten for the first time!

I'll post anything i come up with.

please, send anything you cme up with to peacekeeper_b@yahoo.com

#8 SteelWarri0r

SteelWarri0r

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:06 AM

Thinking about setting a RPG in the D20 realm for Dust.

RwO

#9 deedob

deedob

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:40 AM

Honestly, if i was trying to adapt Dust to an RPG setting, i'd go with "Mechwarrior" (the BattleTech RPG).

Replace the keywords "'mech" and "mechwarrior" with "walker" and "walker pilot" and you'll almost already have a tailor-made RPG for Dust.

When the Vrill faction comes out in the Dust background, you'll already have your spaceship-related skills ready.

#10 deedob

deedob

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:41 AM

deedob said:

Honestly, if i was trying to adapt Dust to an RPG setting, i'd go with "Mechwarrior" (the BattleTech RPG).

Replace the keywords "'mech" and "mechwarrior" with "walker" and "walker pilot" and you'll almost already have a tailor-made RPG for Dust.

When the Vrill faction comes out in the Dust background, you'll already have your spaceship-related skills ready.

And thinking more about it, you'll even already have stats for laser guns and rifles, as well as phaser weapons which are "PPC" in the BattleTech universe…

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS