I have an idea for a point system for three round tournament rules for wings of war. I would use a double elimination system but we only have time for three rounds and if we have 20 to thirty people I'm afraid we won't have time for enough rounds to do double elimination. So I came up with a point system that will allow everyone to play all three rounds and have a winner based on points at the end of the evening. Let me know what you think.
Wings of War Tournament Rules
1. Each player should bring three aircraft and all appropriate maneuver and damage cards for the aircraft.
2. Players may bring any aircraft from any of the Wings of War sets. (Of course this does not include the Dawn of War set or associated booster packs.)
3. Either Wings of War aircraft miniatures or aircraft cards are allowed for use during tournament play.
4. At the beginning of each round each player will choose two of the three aircraft entered into the tournament and use those in a 2 vs. 2 airplane duel.
5. Players may change out which two aircraft they are using in between rounds but may only choose from the three they entered into the tournament.
6. Players may not swap out aircraft during a tournament round.
7. Three rounds will be played with players scoring points based on the points system at the bottom of this sheet.
8. After the first round players will be paired against each other based on win/loss and points accumulated. Players will be paired likewise in the third round.
9. The player with the most points at the end of the evening will be awarded the prize.
10. Points will be scored in three different categories: Primary, Secondary, and Bonus.
Primary Points System
• 3 points for each surviving aircraft.
• -1 point for each shot down aircraft.
• 0 points for any aircraft that leaves the playing field.
Secondary Points System
• 1 point for each damage card opponent has taken at the end of the round.
• Secondary points will be recorded from round to round but will only be considered in the event of a tie for primary points.
Bonus Points System
• 2 points for winning a round
• 1 point for each player in the event of a tie
• 0 points for losing a round
• Bonus points will be added to Primary Points after the winner has been determined.
Let me know what you think.