• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#1 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:01 AM

Hello,

To complement the actual online resources and give you offline deck building capabilities, I propose you my new Deck Builder software for The Lord of the Ring LCG game.

It is available here: eric.minet.free.fr/lotrbuilder/index_en.htm

Some of you already know and appreciate the Call of Cthulhu LCG version of the Deck Builder (see here : www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp.

This one has a whole new themed user interface, along with the necessary adaptations to the new game. But it keeps the portability and extensive features of its predecessor.

As for my previous Deck Builder programs, it is a FREEWARE and runs on any Windows 9X/2K/XP system (or Linux/Mac OS using Windows Emulator programs).

The minimum requirements are :
- About 3 MB of free disk space (without pictures)
- A graphic resolution of 1024x600 pixels in thousands of colors (higher resolution is strongly recommended).

The software does not require any additionnal DLL, runtime or database and does not install anything into the system folders or registry.

It is fully translated in both English and French. You can independently select the displayed language for:

- The main user interface
- The built-in semi-graphic card display and cards lists
- The use of external picture libraries in one of the two languages.

It contains a complete database of the published cards in english and french, including FAQ corrections, flavor texts and illustrator names.
It displays cards in a compact manner to keep the software as light as possible.
This is the best spoiler list you may have at your fingertips.

There are extensive filtering capabilities for player and encounter cards lists, custom sorting, full statistics, scratchpad for deck preparations and more.

You can add cards to your deck with just one click and adjust quantities very quickly.

The deck list can be loaded, saved, exported (text-delimited, spoiler and html formats).

More features will be added to the software in the next weeks and months.

THIS SOFTWARE IS NOT SUPPORTED BY FANTASY FLIGHT PUBLISHING INC., so ask me directly for any support, suggestions or bug reports.

Happy deckbuilding

(Nyarla)Zorbec

FOR THE LATEST RELEASE NEWS, PLEASE READ THE LAST MESSAGES OF THE TOPIC

• tacomen253 likes this

#2 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:10 AM

To complement the above description, here are some informations about the current version of the software.

Current version is Beta 0.7.0.

It is already stable and upward compatibility of deck files will be maintained in next versions.

Some features are not implemented yet in this beta version, but they will be in the next weeks and months, including:

- Deck printing
- Deck checking
- More single card, deck or cards lists export formats (spoilers, etc...)
- etc...

Also, I didn't had time yet to upload complete pictures packages for the software. This may come later.

Here are a few screenshots taken on the previous beta versions (click on the miniatures):

And a couple more showing some of the new statistics features added in version 0.7.0:

Do not hesitate to comment !

Cheers,

Zorbec

#3 Ileopsoas

Ileopsoas

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:22 AM

Thanks a lot!

I'lltry it now

#4 kufel

kufel

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

woow, Great job! thanks!

#5 Ladoik

Ladoik

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:40 AM

Thanks allot.

I have used your CoC Deckbuilder allready, and i will use this one.

#6 Kristabelle

Kristabelle

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:36 AM

A great tool that I'm already using to develop a deck. Many thanks.

#7 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:11 AM

Thank you for your appreciation

The development continues and I will keep you informed of the next releases.

Meanwhile, do not hesitate to make suggestions and report any bug or card inaccuracy.

Stay tuned !

Cheers !

#8 abersen

abersen

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:16 PM

Thanx for the work you did! Just browsing the cards every now an then is really enjoyable!

#9 cosmoccp

cosmoccp

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:39 PM

Thanks a lot for the program! Now I'm wondering how to geto all cards picture! Any idea?

Thanks

#10 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:29 AM

cosmoccp said:

Thanks a lot for the program! Now I'm wondering how to geto all cards picture! Any idea?

Thanks

Have patience, a wizard is never late

I'm working on it...

#11 barciocn

barciocn

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:27 AM

Thanks for this tool now I know statistics of my deck ;) its really helpful.

#12 Alric

Alric

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:21 PM

Hi there, I´d really love your Deck Builder, if you like I´d be happy to translate it to German.

#13 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:26 PM

Alric said:

Hi there, I´d really love your Deck Builder, if you like I´d be happy to translate it to German.

Thank you for your kind offer. My immediate plans are to finish the implementation of all functions first.

Translations to other languages could require a major redesign of several things, but I may consider it as a future evolution. If you want to discuss it more, please contact me by email (see the readme.txt file).

Cheers !

#14 Rathmaker

Rathmaker

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:51 AM

Beautiful start to a wonderful little program.

Thanks so much for this!!!!

#15 KallistiBRC

KallistiBRC

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:39 AM

cosmoccp said:

Thanks

Nyarla comes through again.  You rock bud. 

As for getting the card pictures, I happen to know from experience that if you have a scanner you can help him out a lot in this regard.  (unfortunately mine is busted)

#16 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:08 AM

Hello,

Thank you for all the positive comments.

The new Beta version 0.8.0 is now available !

The first and greatest improvement is the availibility of images packs in both english and french.

Unlike the previous versions, there is not need anymore for a complex folder structure containing individual pictures. If you want to remove the few ones which were installed by previous beta releases, uninstall the old version before installing the new one.

Important note: The image packs are not included into the main setup program. Please, refer to the download page of the website for instructions to get and install these image packs.

The second new functionality is the deck printing, optionaly including notes and main statistics.

You can click on the following picture to have a preview of the deck printing options and screen:

Finally, I performed a complete proofreading of all english and french cards.

The remaining features, still in the works, are:

• Deck checking.
  • Last deck files list and deck files searching features.
  • Cards and lists export in spoiler format.
  • Card drawing tool.
  • etc...

The download link can be found in the very first post of this thread, or into my signature.

Have fun !

Cheers !

#17 Beornd

Beornd

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:45 AM

Hi!

A really great programe but i don´t unterstand how to implantate the pics. I followed your introduce but nothing happens. How i have to activate the .bat file?

Is it neccessary to reinstall the mainprograme or only to install the pics.bat file?

#18 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:24 AM

Beornd said:

Hi!

A really great programe but i don´t unterstand how to implantate the pics. I followed your introduce but nothing happens. How i have to activate the .bat file?

Is it neccessary to reinstall the mainprograme or only to install the pics.bat file?

These image packs are features introduced with version 0.8.0. So yes, you should install the latest version of the Deck Builder first

Cheers !

#19 kuffdaddy

kuffdaddy

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:25 AM

HOLY COW this is an awesome program Much easier to keep all of the decks my friends and I have made really like

GOOD JOB

#20 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:05 AM

Hello !

A new version 0.8.5 Beta is now available !

New things for this version are :

• Added menu to load last edited decks.
  • Added deck checking.
  • Added deck drawing simulator.
  • Improvement of memory usage (much less!) and screens refresh speed (much quicker!).
  • Bugs corrections.

Here is a quick description of the Deck screen top buttons (new options are in bold text) :

1. New deck (ask to save current one, if necessary)
  2. Open a deck
  3. Access to the last edited decks list for quick reload (will contain the deck search option later)
  4. Save current deck
  5. Save current deck as another file
  6. Sort deck
  7. Check deck validity
  8. Card drawing simulator
  9. Export the current deck in text or html formats
  10. Print the current deck

There is no new cards into the database yet. I'm waiting for the first adventure pack...

Let me know if you like it, or if you find any bug or have any comment.

Cheers !

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS