"And it leaves enough room for another strategy (control, rush) and a good economy."
- No, it doesn't. Empire needs either Derricksburg or Warpstone for it's economy so it shouldn't take Will from the restricted list.
"Our other decks already includes anti-verena solutions but it takes deck slots or forces to play development-based strategies. All strategies can be countered by another global strategy like unit control. Your cards used to control rush decks are usualy also useful against other strategies. Judgement of Verena is an exception. This single card forces all strategies to use development control (in a lesser way) and this control is quite exclusively reserved for this card."
- Development control is just another type of control, the same as units and supports. You say if it wasn't for Verena you wouldn't take development control at all. So you would lose every time to UTS Chaos.
"That's why I would have ban it (and not restrict so much cards)."
- Every empire card got on the restriction list for a reason. I wasn't sure about Will but not having to take 3xLong Winter in every deck is a nice thing I guess. I could think about swapping Wilhelm with Friedrich and that's it.
"First you buy Wilhelm or Derricksburg Forge and minute later you find out you are not able to use them."
- We already discussed it. Better have cards restricted or even banned than force them to quit the game.
"I think that generally speaking Empire strenght is the potential ablility to control both units and supports (i.e. Osterknacht Elite, Rodrik Raiders + nasty tactics allowing them show up again and again), most other decks lack this. Add some support control possibilities to Dark Elves or some unit control chance to Orcs or Dwarves and Empire would be "stopped"."
It is already stopped. Restrictions for Forge, Rodrik and Will fixed it. Making every faction good in every field would just create more pre-restrictions Empires…
"When I play hp-reducing Dark Elves, all support cards hurts me badly, as only thing I can control are units,"
- Burn It Down/Withering Hex?