Photo

Best Craftsmanship Ship Components: can anyone clarify this for me?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jan Solo

Jan Solo

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:41 PM

I have a question about Best Craftsmanship ship components.

Suppose I have a normal quality component that uses 4 power and 4 space. I then decide I want it as a Good Craftsmanship component. I can either lower Power by 1 and the component is 3 power 4 space, or I can lower Space by 1 and the component is 4 Power and 3 Space.

What about Best Craftsmanship? Unlike Good Craftsmanship, in Best craftsmanship components it is not said that "Pick one or the other but not both", so are both Power and Space requirements lowered by 1, resulting in either 2 Power and 3 Space, or 3 Power and 2 Space?

So from the original 4 Power 4 Space I get either -2 Power -1 Space, or -1 power -2 Space? Is this the way this is supposed to be? :)

Cheers!

#2 van Riebeeck

van Riebeeck

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:53 PM

In my interpretation, a good quality component will use either 1 less Space or 1 less Power. A best quality item will use 1 less Space and 1 less Power. In both case, each component cannot use less then 1 Space or 1 Power, which makes it quite useless to install , by example, best quality augur arrays that only use power, excepting the influence of morale obviously.The bonus of a good and best quality item do not stack.  A Best Temple Shrine to the God Emperor would still demand the expenditure of 1 Space and 1 Power, but will boost morale directly by 1d5. But I am not certain how long that morale boost will last. In the case of a temples shrine, I might make it even permanent, as a shrine filled with Ancient Relics of the Angevin Crusade made to utter perfection and filled with the splendor of incomparable works of art will certainly be more inspiring.

Friedrich van Riebeeck, Navigator Primus, Heart of the Void

#3 redhead22

redhead22

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

normal 4 space 4 power

good 4-3 or 3-4

best 3-3

and nothing can go under 1 if it is one you cant make it 0

#4 Kuririn67

Kuririn67

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:15 AM

If I take Good Craftsmanship the RAWs are pretty clear - pick one. So its either Power Usage -1 or Space Usage -1.

But:

If I take Best Craftsmanship it states "pick any 2". Sodo I have only one option (in the case of a non-weapon component):

Power Usage -1 AND Space Usage -1
or am I able to pick from three possibilities:

- Power Usage -2
- OR Power Usage -1 AND Space Usage -1
- OR Space Usage -2
?

#5 Aldyramon

Aldyramon

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

I also think it is:

Good: -1Power OR -1Space

Best: -1Power AND -1Space

the 2 don't stack

The "Pick 2" is only for Weapons where you have more posibilities, like Damage etc.

#6 Kasatka

Kasatka

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

Aldyramon said:

I also think it is:

Good: -1Power OR -1Space

Best: -1Power AND -1Space

the 2 don't stack

The "Pick 2" is only for Weapons where you have more posibilities, like Damage etc.

+1. That's how it works.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper.

Only those that prosper may truly judge what is sane.

#7 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,974 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:44 AM

Be aware that Good/Best macrobattery and lance components do NOT have the option of taking -1 Power according to the chart.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#8 gatherer818

gatherer818

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

Please forgive the thread necro, but which book is this in?  I just purchased Into the Storm as my first RT expansion book, and GC/BC ship Components was one of the big things I thought I could look forward to…  but I appear to have the wrong book o_O  I'm still going to love the book for my group, it fills a lot of holes my players have been wanting filled, but just so I know for next time, which book has the Craftsmanship modifiers for Components?

#9 Erathia

Erathia

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

gatherer818 said:

Please forgive the thread necro, but which book is this in?  I just purchased Into the Storm as my first RT expansion book, and GC/BC ship Components was one of the big things I thought I could look forward to…  but I appear to have the wrong book o_O  I'm still going to love the book for my group, it fills a lot of holes my players have been wanting filled, but just so I know for next time, which book has the Craftsmanship modifiers for Components?

Component Craftsmanship can be found in Battlefleet Koronus on page 18.

Citizens of Grace! We have defeated both the Dark Eldar and Ork menaces that threatened your system! We need no thanks nor payments, so long as you do not leave the atmosphere during our salvage operations under pain of death! - Jequin Hos of The Hos Dynasty

#10 gatherer818

gatherer818

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

Thanks a ton.  More ship customization seems like the biggest thing my group wants right now (besides more exp and more PF), so I'll probably get BK next time I get the chance.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS